Chapter 14 - Post credits scene

---

"I got you." Peter chuckled, scooping me up in his arms. I hid my heavy breathing by burying my head back into his neck, my nose pressing into his shoulder.

"It didn't work. Why is this a thing?" I muttered into his shoulder angrily as he slowly started to descend back down to the sidewalk. "I get injured and what? I'm suddenly just a normal human again?" I felt Peter shrug in response as his feet touched the ground. I let go of him taking a step back.

"You'll figure it out. It'll come back." I nodded slowly as I let out a heavy sigh.

"This is breaking news." The words suddenly echoed around the courtyard we were stopped in. I frowned glancing over at Peter in confusion as the screens around us all started to play the same news feed, not the random ads they were previously showing. "We come to you now with new revolutions about last week's attack in London."

"What the..?" I trailed off, staring up at the screen. Peter looked at me before leaping up onto one of the nearby lamp posts to get a better look.

"An anonymous source provided this video. It shows Quentin Beck, aka, Mysterio, moments before his death. A warning: You may find this video disturbing." The new anchor man warned before the video feed swapped over to a bloodied and beaten Beck, the video flickering with glitches.

"I managed to send the Elemental back through the dimensional rift, but I don't think I'm gonna make it off this bridge alive. Spider-Man and the Violet Witch attacked me for some reason!" Frowning I took a step closer to the edge of the footpath. "They have an army of weaponised drones, Stark technology. Spider-Man's saying he's the only one who's gonna be the next Iron Man, no one else!" Oh, you have to be kidding me. I rolled my eyes at the accusation, knowing he had nothing to back up his claims. Peter glanced down at me, both of us locking eyes as the screen flickered to a shot of Peter standing above Beck but not showing his face.

"Are you sure you want to commence the drone attack? There will be significant casualties." Edith's voice muttered.

"Jus- Do it. Execute them all." Peter's voiced puffed off screen. Okay, so that didn't look so good... There was a few seconds of gunfire noises and people screaming in the background before the video switched back to the news anchor.

"This shocking video was released earlier today on the controversial news website, 'TheDailyBugle.net'." I'd heard of that site, even read a few articles from it. Most of what was on that site was Spider-Man slander though... The screen cut to The Daily Bugle news office, with the reporter, J. Jonah Jameson, showing up on screen.

"There you have it, folks: Conclusive proof that Spider-Man and The Violet Witch were reasonable for the brutal murder of Mysterio, an inter-dimensional warrior who gave his life to protect our planet, and who will, no doubt, go down in history as the greatest superhero of all time." SERIOUSLY?! "But that's not all, falks. Here's the big blockbuster. Brace yourselfs, you might wanna sit down." The glitchy video of Beck flashed back to cover Jameson's face.

"Their real-" My eyes narrowed as I stared up at the screen, absentmindedly stepping an inch closer. "Their real names are-" No, no, no, no, no... "Their real names are Peter Parker and
Y/n L/n!"

My eyes went as wide as dinner plates as my junior year high school photo popped up alongside Peter's. I was wide awake now and my heart began racing like a bullet train.

"What the fu-?!"

---