Chapter 1 - A day in the life of Y/n

---

Heaving my backpack up higher on my back, I stepped up into the bus. Yes, the bus. Popping my headphones in my ears I gazed out the window and sighed at the half an hour bus ride that I could do in seconds flat.

Finally I arrived at school just as Peter narrowly avoided Flash in his fancy convertible trying to run him over.

"What's up, Penis Parker?" I heard him yell, even though my loud music. I know Peter and I don't really talk anymore but that doesn't mean I don't care for him or want him to get run over by a car.

I clenched my jaw, glaring at the boy as he drove past me with a sly smirk covering his face. I rolled my eyes and continued on my way inside. Luckily Peter had moved rather quickly as he wasn't in sight when I got inside.

Walking down the hallway I happened to catch Peter and Ned standing at Peter's locker. I tilted my head in hopes neither of them would notice me. Though as I passed them I felt a ping in the back of my head telling me Peter's eyes were on me.

I quickly hurried over to my locker and got my text books out for Physics. Suddenly someone appeared at my side. I prepared myself for it to be some random boy asking me to homecoming but it was MJ as I decided to call her. Her actually name was Michelle Jones and therefore MJ. I had asked to sit with her instead of the boys because we had a 'falling out'.

"Why do you not talk when you show up next to me?" I asked reaching up to grab my books. She just shrugged at me looking up briefly from the book in her hands.

"I like startling you." She said in her usual monotone voice. I rolled my eyes at her and shut my locker.

"You're such a caring friend." I replied sarcastically. She actually was an amazing friend to have but she can be a little dry every now and then.

I said goodbye to MJ and went into my Physics class. Pretty much all of my subjects were with Peter, it was great for a year but then we stopped talking to each other so for the past four months it's been awkward when we saw each other.

I snuck into the room and sat in my seat right against the wall on the opposite side of the room to Peter but it was still the same row. I instantly started to zone out as our lesson started leaning my elbow on my book as I tried my very best to concentrate.

"Okay, so how do we calculate linear acceleration between points A and B?" Ms. Warren asked the class. I knew the answer but like always I sat silently. Flash on the other hand shot his arm up into the air. "Flash." She called pointing at him.

"It's the product of sine of the angle and gravity divided by the mass." He answered making me mouth a silent 'noPe'.

"Nope." Ms. Warren quoted me without knowing it. Another few hands went up throughout the class. Her eyes scanned them all before she said something I wasn't expecting. "Peter." She called out. His head shot up from his open computer and looked to her. "You still with us?"

"Uh... Uh... Yeah, yeah." He stuttered pulling his laptop closed. "Uh... Mass cancels out, so it's just gravity times sine."

"Right." She somewhat praised. "See, Flash, being the fastest isn't always the best if you are wrong." She said making the whole class chuckle. I watched Flash turn around and whisper something at Peter, probably something awful.

---

I now sat in my Chemistry with MJ to my left. I sighed again and pulled my safety goggles over my head.

"Today we'll be talking about Danish physicist Niels Bohr, but trust me, there's nothing Bohr-ing about his discoveries regarding quantum theory." Mr. Cobbwell said as we started his experiments. I sighed again as I followed the instructions on what to do.