Chapter 2 - I'm a really good lawyer

---

"Stark Industries was caught up in the web of the Spider-Man, Violet Witch and Mysterio controversy today, when federal agents opened an investigation into missing Stark technology." I sighed watching the NY1 news report. The guilt was overwhelming. The stress was overwhelming. I stayed silent as an old picture of Happy with long hair popped up on the TV screen. The text beside him read, 'No comment at this time.' "Agents want to know exactly what was taken and whether or not it could fall into the wrong hands."

"At least they used a good picture." Happy grimaced staring at the picture of his younger self. I couldn't help but frown at the old photo, he thought that was a good picture..? Deciding not to speak up, I leant my head over onto Peter's shoulder, wrapping my arms around the one closest to me for comfort.

"What is happening?" Peter muttered to himself mainly as his head gently came to rest on top of mine. Our lawyer slammed the end of his white cane into the floorboards before he carefully lowered himself down into the chair. May and Happy had decided on this guy named Matt Murdock, apparently he had a good record of winning cases.

"That's great. Thank you." He chimed into his cellphone before hanging up and placing it on the dining table. "Well, I have some good news. I don't believe any of the charges against either of you two are gonna stick."

"Wait, seriously?" Peter perked up relieved, immediately lifting his head back up straight. I just slowly nodded as May cheered out.

"Oh, I knew it!"

"Oh my God. Mr. Murdock, thank you. That's..." Peter trailed off.

"Thank you, Matt." May chimed in.

"That's amazing." Peter lightly chuckled. It was great news, and a relief but that didn't mean all our troubles would go away... Some people were going to get more resentful towards us if they actually believed Beck's claims. That thought had me clutching onto Peter a little tighter, and I think he noticed because he spared a glance at me.

"You're welcome."

"Perfect." Happy chimed in for the first time.

"However... Mr. Hogan?" Matt spoke up once again, gaining Happy's attention.

"Yes?"

"The feds are actively investigating that missing technology. I understand you're loyalty to Mr. Stark and his legacy, but if your were involved..."

"If I was involved?" Happy asked, pointing his hand back at himself.

"I advise securing a lawyer." Matt nodded.

"I need a lawyer, because I'm under in, I'm under inves... I thought they were... You said there's no charge..." Happy's nervous trailing off made me frown, did he take tech from Stark's company..? "I could say under advisement of council, I refuse to answer the question respectfully because I... the answer could incriminate me." My head lifted back up as I continued to frown at Happy, Peter shaking his head. "There's a saying in Goodfellas. What was the saying in Goodfellas?" Happy asked turning to Matt like he'd know the answer all the while May tried to shush him into being quiet.

"I know that's what you think. Calm down. Let's here what he has to say. Matt?" May successfully made Happy become silent, pointing to Matt to speak up again.