Chapter 2 - Help me Wanda

---

"I'm gonna go and get some noodles or something." Darcy muttered to me as she pushed herself up out of her seat. I nodded taking my eyes away from the screen as I continued to type up the file I had started.

A few minutes later I heard Darcy suddenly gasp. I swiveled around in my chair to see her practically frozen in shock, her 2 minute noodles now spilt all over the floor.

"What?" I asked frowning, slightly concerned. She just pointed to the screen making me turn back around. My lips parted as my eyes landed on the apparent woman who had gotten sucked into Westview yesterday, Monica Rambeau. "You need to get Jimmy." I muttered not taking my eyes off of the screen. She mumbled out an 'uh-hu' before going off to fetch the man who had last seen her.

Darcy came back with Jimmy, sitting down in her own chair and pulling up one for Jimmy. He sat down as I rewinded the video for him so see.

"Does she seem okay to you?" Darcy asked none of us taking our eyes off of the screen.

"Well, she doesn't appear to be harmed in any way, but that is definitely not the boss lady I met yesterday." Jimmy explained making me and Darcy share a confused glance.

"So what, deep cover?" Darcy asked. "Monica has to play along."

"With whom? Or else, what?" Jimmy mumbled out frazzled. "Alright." He spoke back up turning to me and Darcy. "Brass tacks, Dr. Lewis. What are we lookin' at here? Is it an alternate reality? Time travel? Some cockamamie social experiment?"

"It's a sitcom. A 1950's sitcom." Darcy explained as best she could.

"Like The Dick Van Dyke Show." I added looking back to the sceen fondly. God, Wanda used to love The Dick Van Dyke Show.

"But why?"

"Hey, man, we're working with the same scarcity of intel." Darcy chuckled before settling back down and scrunching up her face. "But, listen, I do have an idea."

---

"So, you've seen that radio on Wanda's kitchen counter, right?" Darcy asked Jimmy, her voice coming through the small comms device sat neatly in my ear. I always had a few handy. As they continued to have their conversation outside I pulled up the live broadcast of what was called 'WandaVision' based on the intros to the episodes. I couldn't help but smile as my sister's smiling face filled the screen.

"Is this from the current episode?" I heard Jimmy asked making me frown.

"What is it?" Darcy asked after a small beat of silence. I glanced to my laptop and started to rewind the just recorded fotage from the current episode.

"What does it look like to you?"

"Like a retro version of a Sword drone?" Darcy questioned more than answered. Now I knew what I was looking for. Combing over the fortage I stopped as Wanda plucked a bright red helicopter out of the bushes. I froze as she stared down at it frowning.

"Bingo."

"But how did it change and why?"

I quickly paused the video before the camera moved away from the drone. This is kinda incredible. Everything that goes into Westview warps to fit the era. Monica's clothes, the drone.