Chapter 4 - Truck heist

---

Since I didn't have my normal 'superhero suit' I pulled on an extremely thin cream hoodie and a black denim jacket. I popped my facemask around my neck and pulled the cream hood over my head. MJ was asking me constant questions as I frantically rushed around the room. Finally I was good to go so I slipped out of my shared room with MJ, that happened to be two doors away from Peter and Ned's.

"Just cover for me, ok?" I told MJ, I didn't give her a chance to reply and closed the door. I looked down the hallway like veranda and saw Peter looking down at the ground. "Peter?" I harshly whispered to gain his attention.

"Wha- What are you doing?" He asked quickly coming over to me.

"I'm coming with you, like I said." I told him starting to walk down the hallway.

"Y/n! Wait!" He called from where I left him. He jogged over to me and stood in front of me so I couldn't keep walking. "Y/n, you have to go back to your room. I can't let anything happen to you."

"Pete, nothing's going to happen to me." I reassured him. "I've got my powers back, anyways." I told him, holding my hands up. I walked passed him, pulling my mask over my nose. I boosted myself up onto the roof of the hotel, Peter quickly followed me.

Peter swiftly stripped his clothes, I looked away even though I knew he was wearing the suit underneath, it was still a little awkward. He sighed and tightened the straps on his backpack. I felt the need to ask if he was ok but decided against it. Just as he pulled the mask over his head his suit started to glow.

"Woah." I breathed out as he braced himself.

"Hello? Hello?" Peter asked out of nowhere making me raise an eyebrow at him. "Ah, thank you." He continued. Then realization hit me, Tony must have added an AI to Peter's suit. "S, I, I, put a tracker on someone. He's a bad guy." I smiled fondly at Peter's stuttered answer. I always found it cute when he did that. Wait, no, bad! "Ok, follow me." Peter told me as he swung off the building. I boosted myself off the roof after him, both of us landing on top of a truck.

"As long as we make it back in time for the Decathlon, it's fine." I told him staying low to the truck roof. I can't stick to things like he can.

"Exactly." He agreed.

---

We were both crouched down on a transport truck waiting for Peter's suit lady to tell us when to jump. Peter suddenly leapt off the truck so I followed, could've used a little warning, Pete. We both landed on a grassy bank, Peter rolled as he landed where as I just landed with a thump.

Both of us quickly ran down the bank and into the tree line. We ran along to where an abandoned gas station was placed. Peter crouched down, so I crouched down slightly behind him resting my hand on his shoulder. The station was rather dark but there was a van parked on the far side.

"Why is their secret lair in a gas station? That's so lame." Peter whispered making me chuckle under my breath.

Peter suddenly jumped and climbed his way up to the top of the empty gas price sign. I rolled my eyes, boosting myself up there wouldn't be the smartest move since my powers are rather bright. So I just stayed on the ground hiding myself behind the sign.