Chapter 1 - Plans

---

"Okay, so let me get this straight..." MJ trailed off glancing down to the floor. I shook my head at her slightly, sighing. I've already told her hundreds of times, well okay... Maybe not a hundred but at least once or twice... "You two haven't even said 'I love you' to each other yet?" She whisper-yelled, whipping her head at me. I shrugged averting my gaze to the floor as I maneuvered around one of the many students that went to Midtown. "You've been together how long?"

"About 3 years, obviously excluding the 5 years we were both blipped..." I trailed off like she had moments ago, though a slight sadness was present in my voice instead of the confusion hers held.

"3 years. Jesus." I glanced up at her, watching as she shook her head in slight disapproval.

"Honestly, those words just... scare me... Okay?" I told her, turning my head to fully face her as we continued to walk down the hall. "I mean, what if I say it and he doesn't say it back." I breathed out in a slight panic. I let out a heavy sigh as I pressed my hand to my forehead.

"Okay, firstly that would never happen, I've seen the way he looks at you." She responded making me let out a small hum and nod, moving my head to the side. "And you've slept together, I highly doubt-"

"Whoa!" I quickly cut her off, my brain processing the words she just uttered, in public... "One, how the hell do you know that? And two, not so bloody loud." I harshly whisper-yelled back at her, only receiving a slight eye roll from her in return.

"I mean, you've been together 3 years, you've clearly done stuff together."

"Okay, can we just move on?" I asked over my shoulder as we both stopped in front of my locker.

"To me... Okay, maybe the reason you can't bring yourself to tell him that you love him is cause he's not the right one for you..." She trailed off, drastically lowering her voice from the somewhat perky tone it previously was. I pressed my lips into a fine line as my hands froze for a second. I shook my head and got back to unlocking my locker.

"No, I love him, I truly do... But..." I defended myself as I yanked the door open, revealing my heavy books inside.

"But what..?"

"But I'm..." I trailed off, staring at the interior of my locker. "But I'm scared to tell him that..."

"Just... Just think abour what I said, okay?" MJ said from behind me making me sadly nod my head, not daring to meet her gaze. Once I heard her footsteps retreat I let out a huff of pent up air, fully sticking my head into my locker for some form of privacy.

Suddenly someone beside me cleared their throat making me visibly jump and push myself upright. I let out a sigh of relief when I only saw Brad Davis staring at me, with an incredibly happy grin etched on his face.

"I'm, I'm so sorry." He apologised in a huffy chuckle, raising his hands up in front of me to help calm me down.

"Yeah, you sound sorry." I shook my head at him turning back to my locker to pluck out the sketch pad I needed for art class. "Sorry. What'd you say?" I asked, hugging the large pad of paper to my chest.

"What's troubling you?" He asked, frowning his eyebrows at me as he leant on the lockers next to mine.

"Nothing." I smiled through my lie, shaking my head dismissively.