Chapter 1 - This can't be happening

---

"Their real names are Peter Parker and
Y/n L/n!"

"What the fu-?!" Peter's loud curse was silenced by a car tooting it's horn on the road in front of me. I flinched back at the loud nosie, my breathing picking up rapidly as I stumbled a few steps away from the massive screen plastered on the side of the building.

This can't be happening. It had to be some crazy realistic dream, a nightmare conjured from my deepest fear. It couldn't be real!

"That's right, folks." Jameson's voice drowned out of my ears as it felt like every bystander in the vicinity closed in around me.

"Are you Spider-Man's girlfriend?" One man spoke to me placing his hand on my arm. I flinched away from his touch in reflex trying to back away but my back hit another random person. "Are you Spider-Man's girlfriend?" The man repeated his question, harsher now.

"Give me your hand." Some woman randomly yelled snatching my wrist and hoisting it into the air like it was some trophy she'd just won.

"Let go of me, please." My voice came out as a whimper as the woman yanked my hand trying to get it to do something.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Please don't touch her." Peter's voiced entered my ears as his suit covered hand took mine from the woman. I stepped closer to him as he joined the mosh pit of bystanders.

"You two murdered Mysterio?"

"No, I... We didn't..." Peter mumbled back to the random woman's question.

"Come on, let me see that face." The woman suddenly snapped making grabby hands towards Peter mask. Peter quickly swatted her hand away, latching his other around my waist as he started to move forwards.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! He hit me! Spider-Man hit me!" The lady called out behind us as Peter webbed onto the side of a building pulling our feet up off the ground. I felt something yank on my foot but it was gone as soon as it came.

I wrapped my arms around Peter's stomach, tucking my head into his neck. Every single jumbo screen my eyes landed on had our faces plastered all over, a massive label smacked in the middle reading, 'public enemies'. Before I knew what was happening Peter flung us a tad higher, both of us landing with a thud on top of a beam connecting the two sides of the Queensborough Bridge. My whole body shook violently, my eyes landing on the ground below. Peter took his arm back and pulled his ringing phone out of his back pocket.

"Dude!" Peter yelled once answering his phone.

"Dude!" Ned's voice yelled back.

"Dude!"

"DUDE!"

"DUDE!"

"DUUUDE!"

"PETER!" I snapped causing Peter to whip back around and face me.

"What..?" Peter muttered staring at me. I threw my arms out, both to steady myself on the narrow beam and to accentuate where he'd left me.

"Ah, I'm so sorry." Peter rushed out, placing his phone back in his pocket and walking over to me like it was nothing.

"Yo, Peter!" Someone called out to us. We both looked towards the voice only to see a gondola full of people staring back at us. More shouting filled my ears this time from behind, people had come out onto their apartment balconies to film us. Suddenly a gust of wind sent me stumbling backwards into Peter's chest, his arms instinctively wrapping around my waist in response. A massive news helicopter flew up next to us, quickly followed in succession by another one for a different news organization.