Chapter 4 - Go on red

---

"You okay?" A sudden voice broke me out of my trip through my broken mind. I looked up to see Strange and America standing in front of me, staring down at me with concerned frowns.

"Fine." I grumbled, standing up off the bench hastily.

"Are you sure?" Strange repeated his initial question, simply rephrasing it.

"Yes." I sternly repeated my own answer. "Can we just keep moving?"

"Fine." Strange replied.

"Thank you." I grumbled.

I waited for a second, both of us staring at each other. I watched him carefully, planning on punching him if he asked one more stupid time if I was double sure I was fine. But he didn't, he looked away from me and started to walk. America hesitantly joined him and I took to walking behind them through the streets.

Not long after did we make it to the site of the New York Sanctum. The sun blinded us the second we turned down the street. I frowned when I noticed the statue looming in the dead middle of the road. It was massive, at least three times the size of me. I took a step forward to get rid of the sun glaring at me, finally able to see what the statue was of.

It was a massive, looming statue of Strange. I could've guessed, honestly. I couldn't help but roll my eyes as I looked up at the metal version of him. Hand extended out towards us, cloak fluttering in the non existent breeze. My eyes slowly flicked down to the plaque that was located under Strange's feet. 'Dr. Stephen Strange gave his life defeating Thanos. We express eternal gratitude to Earth's mightiest hero.' Even those words seemed self centred to me. Where were Tony, or Nat, or Steve's plaques back home.

"'Gave his life defeating Thanos?'" America read off the plaque.

"Yeah, see? We're not all bad." Strange muttered, looking back up at the other him.

"If other you's dead..." America trailed off, a thought seemingly occurring to her. "Who's master of the Sanctum?" She asked a valid question.

The creaking of a door gained my attention, as well as Strange's it appears. He slowly started to edge around the right side of the statue and I decided to go around the left. My jaw tightened when I laid eyes on the person standing in the doorway to greet us.

"Oh, shit." Strange cursed quietly, but I still heard it.

"You can say that again." I grumbled, moving around the back of the statue to stand next to America.

My eyes narrowed at the guy standing at the top of the stairs like he had stood outside my apartment door that one fateful day.

"You guys know him?" America asked us in confusion.

"Yeah. Mordo." Strange grumbled, actually revealing the guy's name to me for the first time. "He's actually the first guy who let me into Kamar-Taj."

"Oh, great." America said cheerfully.

"And then he snapped and dedicated his life to trying to kill me." Strange went on, explaining the guy I'd met at my door.

"He tried to steal my magic from me, didn't end well for him." I added my own story to Strange's one.

"Oh... Great." America repeated, much less enthusiastically.

This was going to be interesting. He just stared at us in complete silence. I shifted my feet anxiously, though I had kicked his ass once I could easily do it again. Slowly he descended down the few stairs leading into the Sanctum and began to make his way over to us.