Vans

In which Luke has to babysit his little sister.

Self titled era AU!

Have fun friendlies

-J

~~~~

“Lukey, please wake up.“

Luke seriously thought he was hallucinating. His little sister stood on his lower legs, her hands supporting her on his thighs and hip bones.

“Mommy said you promised to take me to the beach today with Mikey, Ashy and Cally.“

Luke couldn't turn around to yell into his pillow cause he would just throw his sister off the bed on the wooden floor so he just groaned in his palms.

“Sure I will. Just give me some time to get ready.“ 

It bugged him that he came home from a concert at 3 am and Vanessa stood on him at 10 am.

But Life of a 17 years old.

With another groan he got up and threw on a pair of shorts from his chair.

He could hear Vanessa and Jack setting the table downstairs and perfectly on time his stomach started to make weird but hungy sounds.

“Morning.“

“Oh, so Vans really woke you up. Sorry. How was your concert?“

Luke sat down and grabbed the cereal box. “Amazing. The fans, the atmosphere... everything.“

Jake laughed as he saw the uprising euphoria in his brothers eyes.

The youngest (and only female junior) Hemmings giggled and digged her hand in her cereals without milk.

After breakfast Jack took Vanessa to her room to help her put her swimsuit on while Luke changed as well.

Half an hour later his in sunscreen covered little sister has holding his free hand while walking next to him, in her other hand she held her beach toys to build a sand castle.

Vanessa was allowed to pick the spot on the beach and after that Luke sent his location to everyone who should know where he currently was and set the parasol into the sand.

His little sister grabbed the towels and handed them to him so he could spread them in the shadow.

The first one to arrive at was Ashton.

Vanessa was sitting close to the water and filling her buckets with wet sand -always in Luke's view- when Ashton dropped his backpack next to Luke.

“Don't scare me for fucks sake.“ Luke excellent and looked up to his bandmate who looked surprisingly well rested.

“Yeah I got a little bit more sleep than y'all did. Ya can  take a nap. Imma watch Vans“

“Don't kill her. Momma will decapitate me.“ Luke sighted before he laid down without a fight and fell asleep almost seconds later.

He woke up due to Vanessa screaming so he shot up in panic, looking for his little sister, just to find her giggling cause Calum picked her up from behind, hand carrying her into the water.

“Don't worry. I've watched them since I came here and saw you sleeping.“

Luke had his second heart attack in a vew seconds when Michael spoke behind him.

“Don't fucking scare me like that Mikey.“

“M sorry babe. You want to cuddle?“

Luke nodded with a tired smile and moved over the towels into Michaels arms.

“How did you sleep?“ Michael asked and ran his hand through Luke's hair, gently pressing a kiss on the blond main after that.

“Not sure yet. But you're here now.“

Both started to laugh as a load of sand came out of Luke's hair, spreading all over the towel and Michaels shorts.

“Lukey! Lukey! Look what I got!“

Vanessa came running up to him, one of her beach bucked in her hands.

She shoved the bucket right in Luke's face so he looked into it and saw some small crabs in the water.

Vans smiled brightly as Michael and her big brother complimented her catch in the bucket.

“But please put them back in the water, okay?“ Luke asked with a bit of a bossy undertone.

“Ashy already said I have to, don't worry.“

“Good.“ he smiled, sending her off to his friends again.

“You'd be a great dad.“

Luke laughed. “At first I'll become really fucking famous and then I'll think about having kids.“

At the way Luke put the words in emphasis Michael had to laugh as well, really bad actually.

“Oh sure Baby. We can first become really fucking famous before we turn into dads.“

Luke's heart warmed up as Michael already put him into his further away future planes.

Vanessa came back with an empty bucket, purposefully falling on her towel.

Ash and Calum following her with a smile.

“She wanted to nap...with her big brother.“

“How famous is really fucking famous?“ Michael asked, looking up to his friends.

“I don't know man, why?“

“Just asking...“