diet mountain dew

Someone asked for angst with some fluff? No? Y'all still get it.

I'm sorry for the rare updates again. There's no idea or motivation for me to write anything. But I'm trying my best.

Luv

-J

~~~~

Luke sat at his desk, copying notes from his papers on the laptop, his cat curled up on his lap, gentle music playing from the study playlist as his phone started ringing.

A demon emoji with "Slayer" written behind it lighting up his screen.

With pinchy fingers he picked the phone up, accepting the call. “Hey Slater, what's wrong?“

“LUKE! Please come over, Michael got into a fight!“

“A what?“ he exclaimed, pushing himself away from the desk, the movement causing the cat to jump off his lap.

“I'm so fucking sorry Luke, please hurry, we're at James' birthday party.“

“On my way.“

Slater didn't have time to say a thank or a bye before the line was dead.

Luke got into a haste to dress himself up again, grabbing the keys before running out of his apartment.

For his disliking he had to use a taxi to pass the few miles as fast as possible.

Even from the street he was able to see at where the fight took place so he quickly paid for the ride befor getting out and running as fast as he possibly could.

Luke caught a grab on Slater  further in the front but his eyes were more focused on his boyfriend and two of his friends beating up some other dudes.

“We have to get him out... someone already threatened to call the cops.“ the girl yelled, point in two directions, making the shoulders under Luke's palms move.

He pushed himself through the last few people, feeling highly uncomfortable to step himself in the spotlight.

The crowd changed as Luke stepped in, it changed so much, even the boys fighting noticed.

Michael quickly snapped a look in Luke's direction, his brain being too high on Adrenaline and too hazed to recognise the face he saw.

Turning his head back he got ready for another punch but Luke was faster, grabbing his elbow, using his whole arm strength to stop the fist from flying.

Which was quite a stupid idea cause the pure force caused the punch to backfire, hitting Luke right in the face.

It went silent, just the sobbed out “Ouch“ from him filled the room, making Michael freeze, slowly turning around.

Seeing Slater running up to his boyfriend, who was pressing his hands on his face while tears streamed out of his eyes, the girl dragging both out of the spotlight into the front yard.

Michael was completely silent, not moving more than necessary, just watched as the girl from college ran back into the house, coming back out with ice.

It took a lot to get Luke to take his hands off of his face, deep red with a bloodshot eye.

Michael had to look away as blood dripped off Luke's lashes into the grass on the floor.

“I'm gonna take him to the hospital to get that checked.“

Slowly, Michael nodded, watching Slater dragging his boyfriend out of sight.

The adrenaline rush started to stop, at the point where it's gone, there was puke next to the blood on the floor.

Throwing up from realising what he just did, the guilt making his stomach twist.

~~~~

Michael didn't leave his room for days, ignoring Slater and Ashton who tried reaching out for him.

Just the chat between him and Luke was worth his attention, but empty...

He didn't dare to reach out to his probably now ex boyfriend.

And well... Luke just didn't seem to be interested in a conversation, relatable with a black eye.

To be completely honest, Michael felt like a monster.
Hurting his godsent gift made him hate himself with every inch of his body.

~

Meanwhile Luke sat in the cafeteria, trying to listen to Slater gossiping about her lecture.

But in reality he searched the room for his boyfriend, worrying his ass off.

“Come on Luke. At least try to act like you care bout me talking.“

“I'm sorry Slay. It's just...U can't keep my mind off of him.“

“We tried reaching out to him, knocking even. It's not your fault that your phone got stolen on the party.“

Luke looked away feeling bad. “He's taking himself apart, I know that.“

Slater nodded and grabbed his hand. “If the company doesn't deliver your phone today, we'll get you a cheap one.“

He almost started to cry by the shire state of being upset, just holding onto he hand of his friend.

~

Michaels phone screen light up and he almost didn't check it if it wasn't for the special emoji combination he knew so well.

A pink flower, a unicorn and a rainbow.

His mind automatically went to Luke so he grabbed the phone and unlocked it.

He almost cried when it was actually a message from his ex.

I'm at your door in 20.

Michael jumped up and started cleaning his messed up apartment, even hopping into the shower for a few minutes.

On the spot 20 minutes later the doorbell rang.

With a last quick glance into the mirror he opened the door.

Luke stood there, his hands in his hoodie pocket, smiling shyly.

“You want to come in?“

“Sure.“

Michael felt like his stomach sank down as Luke slowly stepped out of his vans, following him into kitchen.

“The dishwasher is running, did you clean?“

“A bit.“

Luke smiled and sat down on his usual seat, Michael just akwardly stood there.

He couldn't help but to stare into Luke's face, the bruised and bloodshot eye still standing out.

“Do you want to pick your stuff up...or?”

“Huh?" Luke looked up, seeing the tears welling up in Michael's eyes.

“I'm so sorry, this is all my faul. I can understand that you don't want to date someone who gave you a black eye. You can have all your stuff back, can take whatever you want. Even if it's mine.“

“Oh no.“ Luke quickly got up and hugged him. “I'm not gonna break up with you. Please don't think so.“

Michael nodded slowly, holding onto his boyfriend while crashing down.

Luke started to move them towards the doorframe, through the short hallway into the bedroom, sitting Michael down onto the bed.

”What are you doing?“

“Cuddeling my Boyfriend, you?“

“Being cuddled by my boyfriend.“

Luke nodded with a smile. “Exactly.“