bookstore

Bookstore AU...

I had this idea and absolutely adored it from the beginning... it's so goddamn disgustingly cute and fluffy...

Luv

-J

~~~~

Bookstore staff! Michael
Customer!Luke

~~~~

Luke's hands started to turn dark red from the freezing cold that came with mid December when he saw a small bookstore stuffed between a haircut shop and a supermarket.

He quickly made his way inside and shivered when the warmth hugged him like a tight perfect coat.

Giggling he looked around, up to the bookshelves with all the beautiful books.

He adored them because of his foster care mom who always read him a good night story, even far after he was safe and sound asleep.

“Hello. I'm with you in a second.“

Luke turned around and saw a black haired beauty disappearing behind a curtain in the storage room.

A few minutes later he came back with a pile of books on his arms which he heaved onto the counter.

With every step the staff made, the further Luke had to look up, till he stopped about a feet away from the blond boy.

“So, how can I help you?“

“I don't know...do you maybe have a book from... Agatha Christie? My Mom loves her books... especially Hercule Poirot.“

“Oh your mom has a great taste. Follow me.“

Luke following the cashier in the second room in the back that was stuffed with books like the front part.

“Right here.“

Luke looked up, the shelf was about a feet to high up for him.
“Uhm...thank you.“

“No problem. I'm in the front, just yell when you need me again.“

“Oh god.“ he mumbled as soon as the staff was in the front.

Luke took a few steps back to have a good view over the top shelf which was quite hard to reach with a height of 5 foot 2.

When he spotted a nice looking book with a cool title he stepped closer, reached a hand up to hold onto a lower shelf and stood on his tiptoes to reach for the book.
“Argh goddamn it.“

Luke kept trying because that's how he dealt with life for the past 17 years, or actually, when he stopped growing with like 11.

A hand reached over him, grabbing the book his fingertips barely touched.

Luke slided out of his position and got a cramp in his left foot as he turned around.

The staff stood behind him, so close, he was able to smell the parfum he was wearing on his black sweater.

“Uhm...thank you...“

“No problem... I'm Michael by the way.“

Luke blushed so hard that he looked away when Michael handed him the book, holding it with both hands, moving from one leg to the other one.

Michael was really pretty, with the tunnels in his ear lobes, his black hair dangling in his face and the slight eyeliner under his eyes.

The staff stepped away, smiling at Luke as he turned around and walked back in the front room.

Luke looked down to the combat boots and saw the purple laces.

Because of his emo phase in middle school he nearly cryed out happy tears because that male punk model that somehow ended up in the local book store and not on a magazine cover was a part of the gay community.

After he made sure that Michael couldn't hear him that well he let a few squeaks escape his mouth.

He picked another book for himself from his favourite writer and went to the front to pay for it.

Michael smiled behind the counter as he scanned off the books.

“So...here you have your books...do you want me to wrap them?“

“Just the book from Agatha Christie... I'll gift that one to my mom.“

“Nice...your total is 32 dollars...and I'll quickly go and wrap it up for you.“

Luke searched out his wallet and until he had the money out of it Michael returned with the book wrapped in silver wrapping paper, decorated with a silver band.

“Thank you.“ Luke placed both books in his shopping bag and started to walk out of the store. “See you, have a nice day.“

“Have a nice day too.“ Michael replied and waved him goodbye.