I 18 I

'Are you sure you can't stay?' Adrien whines, gently lifting me through the window of his room. 'I'm sure Father and Natalie won't barge into my room in the middle of the night.' 

I sigh- 'It's not that. I think I need to get a whole nights sleep, so that I don't fall asleep in class again.' 

'Oh, have I been keeping you up?' He smirks suddenly, lightly pushing me down on his bed. I lean in, kissing him deeply and wrapping my legs around his hips. A tiny breath escapes from his lips as his mouth parts slightly. My heartbeat grows quicker as he wraps his arms around my waist.

'You have.' I push him away, sitting up on the bed. 'It's not your fault though.' 

Adrien wrinkles his nose with disappointment, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, his green eyes glinting. 

The sun shines through the large windows behind us; with summer on the way, the days are getting longer and longer. 

'Maybe it's just a bit my fault,' He says smoothly, sitting up beside me. 

'I guess it is,' I smile. 'You and your loud purring.' 

'Hey,' Adrien says dramatically, putting a hand over his mouth. 'I only purr in cat form.' 

'You can say that all you want, but y/n and I know the truth,' Plagg says from the Camembert cupboard, sniffing. 

'You do purr, kitty,' I agree, scratching him under the chin. Adrien lifts his head back, his lips parting again as he lets out a small purr. 

He blushes, moving my hand away. 

'Yeah, yeah, whatever.' 

I smirk, raising my eyebrows. 

'Don't smirk at me,' Adrien laughs. 'The sounds you make-' 

'Shut up.' 

'Make me.' 

...

'You know, I've always wanted a hamster,' Adrien comments. I lift my head from his chest, blinking my eyes open sleepily, and tugging gently on his hair. 

'A hamster,' I repeat, smiling. 'I like hamsters.'

'We'll name it-' 

I never get to hear the name of our future hamster because my phone rings loudly. 

'It's Marinette,' I sigh, answering. 

'Y/n-' Her voice sound slightly panicked. 

'What is it? What's wrong?' I ask as Adrien regards me with a look of concern. 

'Luka just asked me to be his girlfriend,' She gasps, out of breath.

My mouth falls open. 'I hope you said yes.' 

'I-I did,' Mari sounds relieved. 

'Oh my god you actually did?' I say. 'Does this mean you're over Adrien?' 

Adrien looks at me with raised eyebrows, and I shake my head. 

'Yeah-' Marinette says sheepishly. 'I kinda realized that we're better of as friends.' 

'For real this time though, right?' I say. 'We're not going to have a repeat of New York?' 

'For real,' she sighs. 'You know...with Luka I feel like I can be myself.' 

'That's great, Mari,' I smile. 

I can hear her inhale sharply through the phone. 'And don't kill me, but he already knows I'm Ladybug.' 

'WHAT?' I almost explode, holding the phone away from my ear and shouting into it. 'HOW?' 

'He guessed,' her sheepish tone makes me try to calm down. 'Just like you did.' 

'Okay...' I try to steady my breathing. 'Listen Mari, that's two people who know-' I look up at Adrien, who still has both green eyes trained on me. 'You know what? Just-uh I'll talk to you when I get home?' 

'Sure,' Marinette answers, sounding slightly relieved. 'Where are you, by the way?' 

'I'm at-Cat Noir's house.' 

She sighs through the phone. 'Just don't do anything stupid.' 

'You know it!' I hang up, and glance over at Adrien. 

'What was that all about?' He raises an eyebrow. 

'Luka asked Mari to be his girlfriend,' I explain hesitantly. 'And just some sibling drama.' 

Adrien's mouth falls open. 'Wow.'

I scratch the back of my head nervously. 'You're not like, upset that she's going out with someone, right?' 

Adrien laughs, tipping his head and cupping my face with his hand. 

'Of course not, y/n. I-I love you.' 

'I love you too,' I say, smiling widely.