I 32 I

The next few nights are mostly spent on the hotel rooftop, with blankets that Adrien stole from the cleaning lady's cart. 

'A rose for you, darling,' He says, sitting down next to the pile of blankets and handing me a red rose. 

'Red for love?' I question, taking it and breathing in the aroma. 

'You know I love you,' He smirks, grabbing my hand and pulling me down next to him. 

I lean into his shoulder, sighing. 

'Love you too, Kitty.' 

'Don't you think I need another nickname for 'Adrien?'' Adrien suggests with a laugh. 

'You want me to call you Adricat? Or how about Adrikins?' I blink, staring into his green eyes. 

'How come those are all names that Chloe's called me?' Adrien smiles. 

I shrug. 'They're kind of cute.' 

'So you think I'm cute?' Adrien teases. 'I think you're cute.' 

'I think you're delusional, Kitty.' I kiss him on the lips, pushing him back onto the blankets. 

....

'Luka,' I pull him aside after breakfast, stepping into the hallway. Mari and Alya are deep in conversation, not even noticing. 'Kitty, you come too.' 

Adrien looks up from his cereal, casting it a sad glance before joining us. Nino appears to be distracted by his game, which is a stroke of luck. 

'What's up, darling?' Adrien smirks at me, resting his hand on the wall next to me. 

'It's so weird when you guys do that,' Luka shakes his head. 'I'm not sure I'll ever be used to the fact that you're Cat Noir.' 

'Am I not cool enough?' Adrien asks slyly. 

'No-it's just that you seem so innocent, and then-uh,' Luka trails off, glancing to the side. 

'Aaaaanyways,' I pause. 'I kinda wanted to make sure that everyone is clear with their own knowledge.' 

'Uh-huh,' Luka chews on his lip. 'You're Cat Noir and Ladybug is-' 

'Wait.' I say. 'Don't say it-' 

'You know who Ladybug is?' Adrien's mouth drops open. 'And so do you?' 

'Maybe,' I blink. 'But that still has to remain a secret.' 

'Woah-' Adrien closes his mouth. 'Fine. But I expect to know eventually. Does ladybug know who I am?' 

'No, not yet. She says that it's important for your identities remain secret from each other, just until Hawkmoth is defeated.' I explain. 'Because if you know who you are, it'll affect how well you save Paris or something like that. Other feelings might-uh get in the way.' 

'Are you saying that I would fall in love with Ladybug?' Adrien looks hurt. 

'Um. No.' I shake my head. 'But let's just say-' 

'What are you doing out here?' Marinette asks, coming into the hallway followed by Alya and Nino. 

Adrien quickly takes his arm off the wall, losing his balance for a split second and pitching over to the side. 

'Uh, I was just explaining about some guitar thing,' Luka improvises. 'Something for Kitty section.' 

'Oh-okay,' Mari seems to disregard this as unimportant. 'So Juleka and Rose just left to see the Statue of Liberty and I was wondering if you guys want to go to Central Park.' 

'Sounds good to us,' I nod at Adrien, who awkwardly nods back. 

Wow.