I 70 I

I sit on the rooftop for several more minutes after Adrien's departure, my mind reeling. Truth be told, there was always something about Cat Noir that I didn't understand. A familiarity. And now, I guess I know why. He was the one all along. 

'Marinette?' I whisper, crawling through her window. 'Are you awake?' 

Silence meets my ears, and the peaceful picture of Mari sleeping soundly in her bed makes my smile. 'Longg, Clear skies,' I say quietly, catching the small Kwami in my hands and gently tucking her into my hoodie pocket. Laying a blanket over Marinette, I head back to my own room, laying stomach up on my bed. 

So Adrien is Cat Noir. Huh. I guess this means I shouldn't really feel guilty for liking Cat Noir when I was with Adrien, since they're the same person. I probably shouldn't have broken up with Adrien either. Oh well. Now the only question that remains is...should I tell him? 

...

'That way, Ryuko!' Ladybug commands, pointing ahead to where Volpina stands. Of course, Lila had to shoot her big mouth off, get in trouble, and then become akumatized again. 'She's headed to our-I mean the bakery!' 

'Why there?' I frown, following after Ladybug. Cat Noir shrugs from beside me, smirking slightly. 

'You wanna come over later?' He asks cheekily. 'I know some things we could do.' 

I roll my eyes. So this is why Adrien was acting so cocky before-he was channeling his inner Cat Noir. 'yeah, sure.' I say. 'After we defeat Volpina again.' 

'Ugh,' Cat Noir checks his nails. 'Volpina's a real bitch.' 

'Makes sense,' I say, running faster. 'Since Lila's one too.' 

'I've captured Adrien Agreste!' She cackles, grinning as she holds his arms behind his back. I can see my parents cowering behind the counter, the bakery in ruin. Adrien has a terrified expression on his face, his eyes completely misted over. 

'Pffft, screw you Volpina,' I laugh. 'That's an illusion.' 

'You're right,' Cat Noir says with a smile. 'But how did you know?' 

'Purrlease,' I shake my head. 'I can just tell. Adrien would never looked that scared.' 

'No he certainly wouldn't,' Cat Noir agrees, a dreamy expression upon his sharp features. His hair is slightly wind-ruffled from all the fighting. I feel myself blush-then immediately snap back to my senses. Focus Ryuko! 

'I really don't know how you two can tell that easily,' Ladybug admits. 'But you were right last time so I'll take your  word for it. Lucky Charm!' A bag of marbles lands in her hands and she scowls. 'What am I supposed to do with this? Play marbles?' 

Volpina throws her head back and laughs. 'A bag of marbles? How useless!' 

'Sounds like you,' I shoot back. 'Wind dragon!' I swirl around her, quickly nodding at Ladybug before the transformation is complete. The fake Adrien disappears into mist. Volpina covers her eyes, trying to avoid the wind and Ladybug dumps all the marbles on the ground. The force of the wind blows her forwards and she stumbles, tripping on all the marbles and landing hard on her butt. 

'Cataclysm,' Cat Noir shouts, leaning in to carefully touch her necklace. 'Purrfect.' He steps back to let Ladybug do the final step. 

'No more evil doing for you, little akuma,' she says, capturing the akuma. 'Time to de-evilize!' 

'Bye bye little butterfly,' Cat Noir and I whisper under our breaths, in sync with Ladybug. I glance at him, trying not to laugh. 

'Miraculous Ladybug!'