I 65 I

'Where do you think the akuma went?' Mari asks, sitting down on her bed. 

I shrug. 'you're the expert. Should we go out there before something happens-or just wait until Nadja reports on it?' 

Marinette thinks it over, a thoughtful expression on her face. 'Let's check the news, kay?' 

I flick the TV on, flipping channels until I get to Nadja's news station. 

'-bemused it's just the news! It looks like Paris has a new supervillain again,' She yells over the sound of screams. 

'Right, that's our cue,' Marinette says, jumping up. 'Tikki-Spots on!' 

'Longg, bring the storm!' 

...

'What seems to be the problem, princess?' Cat Noir says, once we spot him on his usual building. 'An akuma attack?' 

'Don't call me princess,' I scowl. 

'It's a term of endearment,' Cat Noir complains. 

'I'm not your dear,' I argue. 'Can we please just focus?' 

'Ryuko's in a bad mood today,' Cat Noir comments, turning to Ladybug. 

'Shut up Kitty,' I say. 

'Shut up, both of you!' Ladybug shouts, scanning the sky from her perch. 'I don't see anythi-' At that moment, a loud bang sounds from near the Eifel Tower. 

'Let's go,' I say, about to jump off the building. 

'Wait a second,' Ladybug pulls out her Yo-yo turning on the news again. 

'It seems that Cat Noir has turned on Paris and is destroying the Eifel Tower.' Nadja's voice says. 

'Um, what?' I frown, confused. 

'It's Copycat,' Cat Noir's eyes cloud with annoyance. 'I hate that dude.' 

'Ugh, that guy again?' Recognition spreads across my face. 'Didn't he have a crush on Ladybug?' 

'Not anymore,' Ladybug snorts. 'It's you he's after now, didn't you see that post from him on Instagram?' 

'W-what?' I do a double take. 

'Here-' Ladybug shows me. 

'Saved by Ryuko,' Cat Noir reads the caption out loud, pointing at the picture of me saving Theo, which I greatly regret doing.  'And now he's obsessed with her.' he looks thoughtful. 'but why is he Copycat again?' 

'What do you mean?' I ask, a confused expression on my face.

'Well last time he was Copycat because he thought that Ladybug was in love with me, so he wanted to be me,' Cat Noir frowns. 'But I'm not in love with you...wouldn't it be more useful if he were to transform into your boyfriend?' 

'That's what you're concerned about right now?' Ladybug raises her eyebrows. 'Copycat not becoming Ad-' 

'NO!' I shout. Ladybug stops with shock, turning to me. 

'What?' 

'You were about to say his name,' I hiss. 'It would be too easy for Cat Noir to figure out my identity if he knows my boyfriend's name.' 

'Awww, but I really wanted to know,' Cat Noir complains. 'Well, whatever.' 

'Can we get on with this? We can talk about that later,' I say. 

'Fine.'