I 26 I

'Fasten your seatbelts please, we are taking off now!' The sound of the announcements makes me jump in my chair. Adrien glances at me nervously, quickly shutting his mouth. 

'Guys, what are we doing tonight after we get to the hotel?' Nino asks from behind me, tapping on Adrien's shoulder. 

Fortunately, this change in conversation has-for the time being distracted Marinette from the other one we were just having. 

'We're going to dinner,' Alya answers. 'You did book that reservation, didn't you?' 

'Yeah du-babe, of course I did,' Nino says, scratching the back of his head. 'I wouldn't forget something that important.' 

'You forgot to tell me that my sisters had-' 

I block out the rest of their conversation, putting in my earbuds. Mari and Luka seem to just be staring at each other in their seats. 

Adrien and I exchange amused looks, quickly looking away immediately after. 

...

'This hotel room is amazing!' Alya flops down on the queen size bed, dumping her stuff down on the chair beside it. 'Look, there's even a view of the city!' 

I stare out the window at all the glowing lights of New York, taking in the breathtaking scenery. It's not exactly Paris, but it's almost as beautiful. 

'I know,' Marinette lets out a happy sigh. 'This is a dream come true.' 

'Don't get all sappy on me, girl,' Alya giggles, fluffing a pillow. 'So do you two want to take the queen and I'll take the single?' 

'Sure,' I bob my head, placing my suitcase down neatly beside the closet. 'Sounds good to me.' 

'Just promise you won't kick me in your sleep,' Mari laughs. 

I roll my eyes. 'Then don't take my cat stuffy.' 

'You still sleep with that cat stuffy?' Alya grins, looking at my suitcase. 

'Don't you dare,' I run to it, covering the zippers with my hands. 'If anyone so much as touches that stuffy you're all dead.' 

'Seems to have severe attachment to inanimate object,' Marinette pretends to jot down a note. 'Has threatened extreme violence.' 

I shake my head. 'Just wait till everyone finds out you have a guitar pick that Luka gave you.' 

'What's wrong with that?' Alya looks between the two of us. 

'She kisses it every night before she goes to sleep.' I laugh. 'And how about the time I saw you-' 

'That's enough,' Mari blushes hard, covering my mouth with her hands. 'It's agreed, no one touches Y/n's cat stuffy.' 

'Wow.' Alya shakes her head. 'You guys are so weird.' 

...

'So who's protecting Paris if you're here?' I raise my eyebrows at Mari. She sits down on the edge of the bathtub, fastening the cap on her Chapstick. 

'Cat Noir,' Marinette says promptly. 'I already let him know I was going to be away for the next little while.' 

'Oh.' 

If someone stubs their toe, or gets into an argument with their dog-everyone's done for.

Paris will be destroyed within the next day.