I97I

Adrien's POV 

So there you have it. I was standing in the middle of a building, angry as hell because of the dumb curse from Reversa—attempting to fight a supervillain. In the back of my mind I knew there was something wrong with me. I definitely was not in my right mind. I could vaguely hear Y/n and Ladybug discussing something about a kiss, but I was too worried about getting my handcuffs off that I barely noticed. 

"Ladybug," Y/n stared directly at the girl in the red and black suit. "Is there something maybe you'd like to tell me about you and Cat Noir?" She placed her hands on her hips, smile sliding off her face. Though Y/n rarely got angry about anything—let alone jealous—this was one of the rare occasions she was showing something other than her casual demeanour. 

Ladybug didn't look half as terrified as she should've. "Yeah. Um, no not that I can think of." she scratched the back of her head. "Nope. Definitely not." 

Y/n gave her a skeptical look. I couldn't remember why they were arguing—through seeing red. It was unfortunate that Reversa decided to fuck with my emotions in this exact moment, otherwise I might have had something important to say. 

"How about you, Kitty Cat?" Y/n turned to me, a politely inquisitive expression forming on her face. It looked like she was bottling a lot inside that head of hers. "Do you have something you might want to tell me? Maybe...about kissing Ladybug?" 

I felt myself open my mouth, even though I was not fully in control of what I was about to say. "Oh yeah, that terrible day. As I was saying, Ladybug and you both suck at kissing." 

"So you kissed Ladybug," Y/n said flatly, raising an eyebrow. "This is what I'm hearing right now?" 

Ladybug frowned. "It's not like that Y/n. Can we talk about this some other time?" 

"I'm going to need a better explanation," Y/n said shortly. "But yeah, by all means go ahead. Finish defeating Reversa." 

I tugged against the handcuffs. "Fuck this. Cataclysm." They broke in my hands and a vague beeping filled my ears as the ring on my finger shot down to its last pad. How it had run out so quickly was beyond me. 

"C'mere," Y/n grabbed my wrist, shooting a fleeting look at Ladybug before pulling me forcefully into a room and slamming the door. 

"Let go of me," I demanded, tugging my arm out of her grasp. "I hate you, remember?" I narrowed my eyes at the girl in front of me. "Why are we even here?" 

Y/n glared at me, grabbing my wrists and pushing my against one of the walls. She stepped forwards until we were only inches apart. 

"I know you're not in your right mind at the moment, Adrien, but Ladybug needs you to get a grip I on yourself so you can both defeat the villain." She lowered her voice. "I don't care how much you hate me right now." 

I seethed, trying to wriggle out of her grasp. Somehow, even though my brain was clouded with anger, I could still sort of hear her words. 

"I hate you," I repeated, though it was less forceful than last time. 

She rolled her eyes. "I hate you too right now," Before I could stop her, she leaned in, planting a quick kiss on my lips. "Wake up, Agreste." 

I felt the curse fade. "What the fuck—" 

"Oh, so now you decide to wake the hell up," Y/n pursed her lips, taking a step back. I grimaced, feeling my head. 

"What happened?" 

"You got hit by Reversa," Y/n said quickly. "And Ladybug is still out there, so I'm thinking it's best if you go help her right now." She paused. "And, DID YOU KISS HER?" 

My eyes widened. How did she find out? 

"It's a misunderstanding, Y/n," I said hurriedly. "I thought she was you, honestly. Remember that one time you were Ladybug?" 

"Mhm." 

"Well, I thought you were her again this one time she was particularly nice to me—and you two just look so similar..." 

A look of panic crossed Y/n's face but I'm sure I imagined it. It's not like she and Ladybug are related or anything. That's just not possible. 

"Okay, so you kissed her by accident," Y/n sighed. "You are such an idiot." 

"I know," I grinned. 

"Go," Y/n waved her arms, gesturing towards the door. 

I hopped through the doorway, rejoining Ladybug.