I 19 I

(Okay so I know that Mari's birthday is in the summer, so technically they wouldn't have school up to this day-but please don't pay too much attention to the details, k? Right now, they've just started the summer holidays-well in the story.)

'Happy 17th!' Mom wakes me up at the crack of dawn.  

The world de-blurs around my as my eyes flutter open. There she is in the middle of the doorway with a large cake. Seventeen candles line the edge of the f/f, icing, laced delicately around the edges. 

It's obvious how much effort Mom and Dad make every year. 

'Morning Mom,' I murmur, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. Oh shoot-I turn to my left, remembering that Adrien couldn't stay over anyways. 'Thanks for the cake, it looks absolutely amazing!' 

'Oh it was no problem, sweetie,' she says, placing it down on my desk. 'Your Dad's delivering Mari her cake as we speak.' 

'Is Marinette here?' Dad's bulky form appears in the doorway. 'She's not in her room.' 

'She probably went out early,' I explain quickly, knowing exactly where she went. Unfortunately, being twins, we-uh-share most of the same behaviours....or habits.... 'She's always got a million things to get done.' 

Dad's face falls. 'But it's her birthday. I always bring in the cake first thing...' 

I hop out of bed, pulling on a sweatshirt. Quickly, I kiss them both on the cheek. 'Don't worry guys. I'm sure Mari will love the cake. I'll go get her.' I wave. 'Love you both!' 

'Love you too,' they smile as I dash down the stairs, hopping on my bike. 

I pedal madly down the street, reaching the docks by 8:00 on the dot. I swallow hard, letting out a nervous breath before knocking on the door. 

A woman that I recognize as Luka and Juleka's Mom steps out, eyeing me with slight surprise. Obviously I'm not about to tell her I think my sister slept over with her son, so-

'Hi, uh-I have to speak to Luka about a piece of music we're working on,' I improvise wildly. 'We wanted to get an early start.' 

'Oh, sure!' She smiles, opening the door. 'Come on in! You must be the girl he talks about all the time, Marinette, right?' 

'No, I'm actually her twin.' I say casually, biting my lip. 'Y/n.' 

I shake her hand, following her into the houseboat. 

'This is a lovely house you have,' I smile politely. 

'Thank you, dear,' Anarka-or Mrs. Couffaine says. 'Luka's just up in his room.' She points. 

I nod my thanks, walking quickly in the direction she pointed in. I stop in front of the door, hesitantly raising my hand to knock. I knock twice, hearing a flurry of movement on the other side of the door. Covering my mouth to suppress laughter, I wait a few seconds before someone answers the door. 

A teal haired, fair skin boy who stands several inches taller than me answers, his mouth opening in surprise. Recognition spreads across his face and he smiles, ruffling his hair. 

'Hey, uh-y/n.' 

'Is Mari here?' I grin, trying to look past the doorway. 

'Uh,' he swallows nervously. 

'Is that Y/n?' A familiar voice calls out. 

'Come in,' Luka gestures, for me to enter. 

'Mari, you do realize Mom and Dad planned the whole cake entrance birthday thing, right?' I say, rolling my eyes as I spot her sitting behind Luka's bed. 

Her mouth falls open. 'Don't tell me you forgot!' 

'Wait, it's your birthday?' Luka says with surprise. 

'I forgot,' Marinette blushes. 'With all that happened yesterday, I just decided to come and watch a movie with Luka-I guess I just lost track of time.' 

I snort. 'We're more similar that we think.' 

'You didn't forget your own birthday though,' Marinette stares at the floor. 

'It's not your fault,' Luka says quietly, raising her chin to meet his eyes. 'I distracted you, if anything it's my fault.' 

Oh please someone save me from this cheesier-than-Camembert-romance.