I 42 I

After Gabriel leaves the room, Adrien puts on his fake piano playing song, placing his phone on the sheet music holder. 

'I have to go,' He smiles apologetically, kissing me on the cheek. 'Plagg-' 

'Wait but I'm not done eating—' 

'Claws out!' 

'See ya Kitty,' I say, flopping down on Adrien's bed. 

'I'll come back after the villains de-akumatized,' Cat Noir promises, leaping out the window and blowing me a kiss. 

I sigh, pulling out my phone and scrolling through Cat Noir memes. 

About fifteen minutes later, I hear the sound of footsteps outside the door. If it was Adrien, he would've just climbed in the window, so I duck under the bed before whoever it is bursts in. 

'You can't hide from me,' The cold voice says. 

'And who are you?' I frown, crawling out from underneath and standing up. 

Standing there is a very familiar figure, tall and dressed in a purple and grey costume. Though he's wearing a mask, his eyes stand out more than anything-cold and empty. 

'You don't recognize me?' The man growls. 'I am Hawkmoth.' 

'Yes, right,' I nod, sitting back down. 'The main villain guy, I remember. So-uh how the hell did you know I was here?' 

'I need you to come with me.' Hawkmoth instructs cruelly, waving one finger at me. 'Quickly.' 

'Yeah-I don't think so.' I stay put. 'See, I'm waiting for Adrien to come back so we can continue with our piano lesson and I don't think he'd be too pleased to know you were here.' 

'Foolish girl,' Hawkmoth says. 'Where is Adrien Agreste? He could not have left.' 

I can't very well tell him that Adrien is Cat Noir. 

'He took a shower,' I say. 'It's the model in him.' 

'I hear no water running.' 

'Well, you're getting old, aren't you? Your ears probably aren't what they used to be,' I say solemnly. 

'Adrien is gone.' Hawkmoth turns away from me, tapping his stick on the ground. 'Cat Noir is currently fighting-just when Adrien disappeared.' 

I stay silent. 'Curious.' 

'So how did you know where I was?' I frown. 'The only two people who knew I was in this room were-' My mouth drops open. 'Gabriel...Agreste?' 

'Clever girl.' He says. 'So you must know that Adrien is...Cat Noir then too I suppose?' 

'He's not Cat Noir,' I deny. 

'Don't think I don't already know. I've had it figured out the second I saw you with my son this afternoon.' 

'Jeez, you'd think a supervillain would be all knowing.' I shake my head disappointedly. 'What a let down Gabriel.' 

'You will address me as Hawkmoth.' 

'And you will address me as leaving,' I say, jumping up and walking to the window. 'Gotta go.' 

'I don't think so,' He holds out a hand which contains a purple butterfly. 'Oblivio has done their job for now. It's time for my biggest masterpiece.' 

'Buddy, I don't have any negative emotions right now,' I blink. 'So that won't really affect me.' 

'It will soon.' 

Hawkmoth stores the akuma back in his staff, and without warning grabs me and jumps out the window. Two minutes later I'm tied up on the Eiffel Tower. How do I get myself in these situations?