I 21 I

'Move the banner up more!' Alya hisses, waving her hands at Rose and Juleka. The large pink poster hangs precariously from two trees, blowing slightly in the summer wind. 

'Happy 17th, Y/n and Marinette,' I read allowed, examining it with my hands on my hips. 'It looks amazing, Alya. Thank you for organizing all this!' 

She smiles, bumping my hip with hers. 'What are best friends for?' 

'Okay, so I might need one more favor from you guys,' I say, glancing around to make sure Mari is still trying to de-akumatize Mr. Pigeon, and not eavesdropping from behind a bush. 

'Sure, what is it?' Rose squeaks, excitedly clinging on to Juleka's arm. 

I smile slyly, glancing at Juleka. 'So that brother of yours...' I trail off, trying to find the right phrasing. 

'Spit it out,' she mumbles. 

'What about Luka?' Alya tilts her head. 'What happened?' 

'Uh...Marinette's dating Luka!' I blurt. Their reactions all mirror each others-Alya's mouth drops open, Rose's eyes grow wide, Milan doesn't look all that surprised, and Juleka mumbles something on one hears. 

'Oh, my god!' Alya squeals. 'This is amazing! Does this mean she's finally over Adrien?' 

'Yep,' I smile. 'It took her long enough. But she's happy with Luka now...no stuttering or saying she's going home on a coleslaw.' 

'Well that's a relief,' Milan agrees. 'So what was the favor?' 

'I need to you find someway to get Luka to perform for Marinette.' I turn to Juleka. 'If you think he's up for it.' 

'He could play the song he wrote for  her!' Juleka suggests quietly. 

'That's a great idea,' Alya says. 'But let's agree not to tell her-that way it'll be a surprise.' 

'Sounds good to me,' Rose blinks. 

'What about you, Y/n?' Alya looks at me with a grin. 'Is Cat Noir coming to the party too?' 

I glance at the group, who are waiting expectantly for my answer. 

'Oh, I don't know,' I wave my hand. 'He's probably busy.' 

'Who's busy?' Marinette asks, coming up behind us. 'Wow Alya, the banner looks great!' 

'Thanks, girl.' Alya says. 'We were just discussing whether or not Cat Noir's coming to the big party!' 

'Of course I will,' Cat Noir says from behind me. 

'CAT NOIR?' The girls chorus, their eyes wide. 

He stand behind me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I roll my eyes, turning around to kiss him on the cheek. 

'What're you doing here, Kitty?' 

'AWWWW,' Rose squeals. 

'They're so cute!' 

Cat Noir shifts his weight, smirking slightly. 'Well, Mr. Ramier was just akumatized for the 47th time; we defeated him again,' he says casually. 'Anyways, I wanted to come and say 'hi' to my girlfriend...' he waits for the girls to stop 'awwing', which takes quite a long time. 'Because I had some time before my next photoshoot.' 

The words are out of his mouth before I can stop him, and-

'You're a model?' Mylene exclaims. 'Wow!' 

'Who do you model for?' Alya asks. '-and can I get a few shots for the Ladyblog?' 

'I model for-' 

'Cat!' Marinette shouts. 'Wouldn't want to reveal your secret identity, now would you?' she says through gritted teeth. 

'No, no of course not,' Cat Noir shakes his head, ruffling his hair to make it stand up more. 'Aaaanyways, I should go before I transform back.' 

'Wait,' Alya says, handing him an invitation to the party. 'You should come-it's Y/n and Mari's birthday party.' 

'I wouldn't miss it,' he winks, letting go of me and shooting off onto the roof tops with that stick of his. 

'Oh he is so cute!' Alya swoons, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. 'You two make a great couple.' 

'Thanks,' I smile. 'You and Nino make a great couple too.' 

'Oh, shoot!' Alya glances back towards the direction of Nino's house. 'I have to go-I told Nino I would play Super Penguino with him.' 

'Okay,' I say, waving as she dashes off. 

'I gotta go too,' Juleka whispers. 

Soon, the rest of the group leaves, and it's just me and Mari standing by the fountain. Most of the party decorations are up-the banner, streamers, and a few tables which will soon be covered in macaroons and other stuff from our parent's bakery. 

I can't wait.