I 23 I

The lights flash over head as Alya sets up the final touch on the disco ball. She steps back, admiring her handywork before turning back to me. 

'Well? How's that for an awesome party?' She glances at Marinette who's in deep conversation with a certain teal-haired guitarist. 

'It's absolutely incredible Alya,' I hug her, stepping back and gazing at the colourful decorations. The sun has just gone down, and the moon casts bright shadows over the picnic table. I snatch a macaroon from the snack table, sitting down on the bench. 

'Are you going to save me one of those?' Cat Noir swoops in, storing his stick in his belt. He grabs the remainder of macaroon from my hand, popping it in his mouth. 

At this point, I'm just going to be happy he came. I laugh, kissing him on the lips. The taste of the macaroon stays on my tongue, as I grab another from the table. 

'You just had to take my macaroon?' I smirk. 

'Don't underestimate my love for macaroons,' Cat says, crossing his legs on the bench. 'This is a great party.' 

'I know,' I beam across the park at my best friend. 'It was really nice of Alya to set it all up.' 

'Cat Noir!' Mari exclaims from her seat next to Luka. 'You actually came!' 

She waves us over, scooting closer to Luka as we sit down on the bench next to her. Cat Noir shoves another macaroon in his mouth. 

'It's nice to see you again Luka,' I say, glancing down at their entwined hands. 'Looks like you two are getting along well.' 

 Mari rolls her eyes. 'And you two lovebirds too.' 

Cat Noir sends me a cheesy smirk, grabbing my hand. 

'So, no superhero duties to attend to then?' Luka comments, strumming a long chord on his guitar. 

'Nope, that's up to Ladybug for tonight.' I exchange a glance with Marinette as he continues. 'I couldn't possibly miss this party.' 

'Hey guys!' Alya says, waving from her end of the park. 

Marinette gasps as she pulls a curtain down, revealing a stage complete with a microphone and amps. 

'As a surprise for the birthday girls, we're having a performance!!' She smiles widely, holding the megaphone closer to her mouth. 

The rest of the partygoers crowd into the area, sitting down on benches. I spot Chloe and Sabrina reluctantly sharing a piece of a biscuit. 

'I suppose this isn't so ridiculous,' she huffs, glancing sideways. 

Mylene and Ivan sit together next to Rose and Juleka on the edge of the fountain. 

'Both of us?' I gasp. Seeing Cat Noir's expression - 'No-you are not-' 

'Not what?' He grins. 

'You're performing something?' I stutter. 'But you can't-' 

'Darling, there's so many things you don't know about me yet.' 

I watch, completely in shock as he climbs up on the stage next to Luka, his cat ears perked up. Luka smiles, casually sliding the guitar over his shoulder and strumming a couple of chords. 

'This song is dedicated to Marinette Dupain-Cheng-the most extraordinary girl.' The entire audience is enraptured by his performance, listening to all the notes blend together in perfect harmony. At the end, the crowd goes wild, clapping and whistling. Even Chloe claps. 

Luka smiles, hopping down from the stage and kissing Marinette on the cheek. 

'Awwwww...' I swoon. 'Luka that was amazing!' 

'Thanks.' He says, taking his place next to Marinette, who whispers something in his ear and blushes. 

'My turn,' Cat Noir says loudly into the microphone. 'So I also wrote a song, courtesy of my incredible musical talents.' 

The crowd laughs slightly. 'I don't play the guitar though-I'm more of a pianist.' He sits next to the random piano that I didn't notice before. 

(Play the Cat Noir part-I know it's not that long, but pretend there's more :) 

After he's done, the whole audience is speechless for a second before bursting into applause. Cat Noir bows dramatically, hopping down from the stage and sitting next to me. 

'I had no idea you could sing, Kitty,' I whisper, kissing him. He wraps an arm around my waist sitting down. 

'Well, Father had me take those voice lessons-I guess they came in handy,' He smirks. 

'They sure did, Adrien,' I say the last part quietly, so only he can hear. 

'Speaking of Adrien, where is that skipper? Can't believe he didn't show up tonight.' Cat Noir says. 

Marinette turns around, glancing at Cat Noir with an amused expression. 'Are you a fan of his?' 

'Ugh, that blonde daddy's boy?' Cat Noir rolls his eyes. 'He's so totally lame.' 

'He is not,' I argue. 'He's probably just busy.' 

'Adrien's never aloud out,' Marinette agrees. 'And he's not a daddy's boy.' 

'Pfffft,' Cat Noir laughs. 

'You realize you just insulted yourself,' I say under my breath. 

'Yeah, I know.'