I 45 I

'Hey Alya,' Marinette says as we pass her. 'This is my cousin-uh Y/n.' 

I wave nervously at the girl who doesn't seem to recognize me. 

'Hi Y/n,' she smiles. 'Welcome to Paris.' 

'Thanks,' I sigh. 

'Dupain-Cheng!' The loud obnoxious voice of Chloe Bourgeois announces. 

'When are you going to stop calling me that?' Marinette rolls her eyes. 'My name is Marinette.' 

'When you become an Agreste,' Chloe shoots back. 

'I'm sorry, what?' I ask, staring at Marinette. 

'Who the hell are you?' Chloe glares at me, looking me up and down. 'I swear, you two could be twins. 

'She's my cousin,' Marinette explains quickly. 'Gotta go, bye!' 

'What's this about you and Adrien?' I raise my eyebrows. 'I know you like him, but....are you two dating?' 

'No,' Marinette blushes. 'I'm just a friend.' 

'Right.' I purse my lips. 'There's something you should know. I'm dating Adrien,' I say with a sigh. 

I figured that I might as well make that clear, at least in this reality. 

'WHAT?' Marinette's jaw drops. 'But you can't!' She looks like she's about to explode. 

'I'm sorry,' I say. 'But in my world, you're dating Luka.' 

'Luka?' Marinette frowns. 'We're just friends.' 

I roll my eyes. 'There you go again with the 'just a friend.' I mean, it's pretty obvious Luka thinks of you as more than a friend. Didn't he give you that guitar pick?' 

'How did you-' 

'I know a lot of things.' 

'Hey Marinette! Who's this?' Adrien says, coming up to us. 

'I'm Y/n, Marinette's cousin,' I bite my lip.

'Do I-do I know you?' Adrien has a curious expression on his face. 'You seem familiar.' 

'Can I talk to you for a second,' I blurt. 'Please?' 

'Uh-' Adrien looks slightly weirded out. 'Sure?' 

I head to the back of the courtyard, ignoring the bell ringing. 

'I do know you,' I say quietly. 'Something happened, I think. Something that changed reality, or affected all of your memories except for mine.' 

'Listen, are you okay?' Adrien frowns. 'I don't really understand.....'

'I know you're Cat Noir,' I say. 'Plagg?' 

A black shape swoops out. 'Whoa-Y/n?' He flits around me. 'I was wondering why you and Adrien weren't doing your usual thing.' 

'You remember me?' I grin. 'But Tikki doesn't.' 

'Eh-' Plagg sniffs me. 'You got any Camembert?' 

'What does he mean, usual thing?' Adrien says after the shock wears off. 

I blush. 'Well. You and I are....' 

'Oh,' Adrien turns red. 'I see.' 

'Yeah...' I trail off. 'I don't know if you-' 

'Y/n,' Adrien interrupts. 'I'm sorry, but I like Ladybug.' 

I sigh. 'I thought something like that might-' 

'I'm so sorry,' Adrien says. 

'You're an idiot Adrien,' Plagg comments, still floating beside me. 'She just basically told you that no one remembers her except for me and all you think to say is that you're already in love with her si-' 

'Shhh,' I shake my head. 'Don't tell him.' 

'I'm really sorry,' Adrien look crestfallen. 'I'd like to help though.' 

'So you believe me then?' My face lights up. 

'Of course,' Adrien smiles. 'I'm sorry this happened.' 

'It's-alr-' It's not alright though. 'We'll fix this.' 

'We should get to class though,' Adrien says, glancing at the school. 'Come on.'