I 69 I

'I'm sorry,' I gasp, pulling away from the kiss. 'I shouldn't have-I just broke up with him.' I continue rambling on for a few minutes. Cat Noir tips his head to the side, smirking slightly before reaching out and tucking a lock of hair behind my ear. My words become nonsense for a second before I trail off, sighing. 'I-I didn't mean to do this-'

'Shhh,' He says, sitting back from me and hopping back onto the ledge. 'I'm the one who should be sorry. I probably shouldn't have moved so fast. I mean-I should have taken things slower. That is, if you want....'

'Of course I want to,' I say quietly. 'I broke up with him for you....Kitty.' I cover my face with my hands. 'No. this is wrong.'

'It's going to be fine,' Cat Noir whispers. 'I know it will.' 

'Things'll always work out in the end,' I mutter under my breath, quoting Marinette, the eternal optimist. 

'What?' 

'Nothing,' I sigh. 

'I'm really sorry that all of this is happening so fast,' Cat Noir breathes, stepping closer. I nod silently, wiping away a tear. 

'It's just that this is what I want.' I admit. 'I just didn't think it would be so hard. It's only been two days.' 

Cat Noir nods. 'I understand.' He lets out a small laugh. 'Guess we both had the same idea though.' 

'What?' 

'Being together,' he says genuinly, taking my hand. 

I laugh. 'You're really the cheesiest person I've ever met, you know that right?' 

'You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met, princess,' Cat Noir says sweetly. 

'How adorable,' I sigh, resting my hands on his chest and staring up at his green eyes. So vividly green, like a dark lake. I glance off to the side, thinking of Adrien again, against my will. 

'Are you okay?' he asks softly, placing his hands on my shoulders. 

'It's just hard.' I bite my lip. 

'You know, I really didn't want to break up with Y/n either,' Cat Noir says. 

'I know I-' Holy shit. 'What did you just say?'

'I said that I didn't want to break up with Y/n. You know, my ex-girlfriend.' he repeats. 'Why?'

Should I tell him? Are you fricking kidding me? All this time I was freaking out because I thought I was cheating on Adrien with Cat, when really Adrien is Cat Noir! What in the name of god is wrong with this goddamn universe? I mean-how could I have been so blind? I want to laugh, scream and cry at the same time. 

I slowly glance at Cat Noir as if for the first time. I gasp, taking in his familiar blonde hair, though styled slightly differently, it's still the same. His eyes are completely green, but nevertheless, the exact same shade as Adrien's. I take a step back, my mind reeling, looking him up and down. It's all...the same.

'Checking me out, are you?' Adrien-well Cat Noir asks, smirking. 'My turn-' He steps forward. Oh god, should I tell him?

'Yeah,' I laugh nervously. 'Listen, I should get home but I'll see you tomorrow, kay?'

'Sounds good.' Cat Noir nods, hopping off the building. 'Later Princess.'

'Bye Adrien,' I whisper, as he disappears into the night.