I 84 I

I emerge in this weird basement. The lighting is dim, but straight ahead of me I can see Adrien crouched by what appears to be some kind of coffin. Most of the lights are pointed directly at the coffin and I can see the faint outline of a woman's silhouette inside of it. 

It's Adrien's mother. 

'Adrien?' I call out, walking along the length of the bridge. It groans underneath my feet, but remains stable. 'Adrien? Are you okay?' 

He turns around slowly, raising his head up. 

'Why?' His voice cracks slightly and his face is stained with tears. 'Why?' 

'It's okay,' I whisper, stepping onto the ground beside him. 'I-I'm so sorry about all of this.' 

'He lied. She's here.' Adrien doesn't appear to be thinking clearly, because he begins pacing around, becoming more and more aggravated. 'Mom. The Miraculous's. I understand.' 

'Adrien,' My voice takes on a warning tone. 'You aren't thinking straight, come back and we can talk about it.' 

'My son,' A cruel and calculating voice says, and Hawkmoth joins us. I whip my head around, watching him pace slowly towards us. 'Now you understand why I did all of this? Now you know that all your pain and suffering can go away if you just give me your miraculous? And hers.' He turns to me, the expression on his face full of malice. 'We just need Ladybug and Ryuko's miraculous, and then Emilie can return.' 

'Why? Stop this,' Adrien's voice shakes and he collapses on the ground. I've never seen him so distraught before. 'Plagg claws out.' 

'Wait, I don't think you want to do tha-' Plagg's warning is cut off as Adrien transforms. 

'Hawkmoth, stop.' I command. 'Can't you see what you're doing to your son?' I stand between the two of them. 

'Such utter despair,' His eyes narrow at me and he tries to push past me. 'A perfect place for my dear akuma.' 

'No,' I whip out my sword. 'You aren't going to akumatize him. I won't let you.' 

'Father, why?' Adrien's voice comes from behind me and I turn around. In that split second, Hawkmoth tosses me aside. I hit my head on the bridge, blacking out for a second. When I come to, Hawkmoth is standing directly in front of him, holding a purple butterfly in his hand. 

'Akumatize this broken soul,' He mutters, sending the butterfly at Adrien. 

'NO!' I shout, running towards him. 'Resist, Cat Noir!' I perch at his side. 

Adrien holds the sides of his head, yelling incoherently. He rocks back and forth on his feet, shaking his head. 

'I can't, I can't!' His cries become more and more desperate. 

'Remember who you are, Adrien,' I beg, trying to console him. 'Don't give into it.' 

'Give into it, my son,' Hawkmoth says, standing on Adrien's other side. 'Give into it and we can all be happy once more.' 

'Stop! Adrien you can fight this,' I yell. 'I'm here for you. You can do this!' 

'I can't,' Adrien whispers. Defeat. He stops rocking, letting the purple energy consume him. 

'At last,' Hawkmoth whispers. 'Cat Blanc, I am giving you the power of utter destruction. Use it to take Ryuko's miraculous.'