20. Lullaby

Coming home was a mistake what Jimin knew the moment he entered the hall

Coming home was a mistake what Jimin knew the moment he entered the hall. His mum began to yell, his father to curse. They surrounded him making such noise he was sure they're burst his skull with it, but the worst was yet to come when his father noticed the hickeys and pushed him against a wall calling him all possible names, forbidding him to leave the house other than for school, so Jimin was in his room now curled up on the bed under his blanket so hurt he couldn't even cry.

His phone buzzed but he ignored.

'Jimin.'

'Are you ok?'

'I guess you're not ok.'

'I'm worried about you.'

Mr. Jeon's texts were piling up causing first tears to roll down Jimin's face.

'I'm sorry I couldn't answer immediately. I had a meeting in my company that went longer than expected.'

'The telescope we have launched will reach the station orbiting Mars in two weeks and it's really hectic.'

'I'm in front of your house so if you need someone to talk or to cuddle you I'm here.'

The last text caused sharp pain.

'I'm too broken for sex Mr. Jeon,' he texted back putting the phone on the duvet where he had been observing it reading through the messages.

Almost immediately his phone began to ring so he sighed pressing the conversation off, but Mr. Jeon kept calling until Jimin was so pissed off he pressed the conversation and the loudspeaker.

"Jimin. Please don't seclude me when you're sad. I'm here for you in any circumstances. I really want to listen to your troubles and hold you in my arms to make you feel better. Us, it's not just sex... it's not for me, I hope it's not for you... Jimin. Please say something."

There was the silence buzzing and Jimin rolled over the bed staring at the ceiling.

"I can't leave the house. I'm grounded forever, so we have to stop meeting. You need to find another secret lover," he said feeling like each word was cutting through him.

"Jimin..." Mr. Jeon sighed. "I'm going up to you."

"No! What if my parents will discover you here?"

"I'll pretend I'm some burglar and run," Mr. Jeon chuckled and Jimin's heartbeat sped up.

Really Mr. Jeon had mysterious ways of making reality bearable.

"Are you chuckling, I know you are."

"Ah!" Jimin growled getting up leaving the room to sneak downstairs his heart racing when he approached the door and turned the key and the lock open.

Something squealed upstairs so he ran towards the kitchen to see a light being turn on.

His father was walking down the stairs.