Chapter 10

Miles's POV

"I don't lie, Miles. Now, I am sure that I like you...no... I am in love with you...and I promise no one is ever gonna hurt you again. I'll be your shield. So please let me."

He said it with all sincerity. Our eyes are locked with each other, it was me who turned to the side first.

"Are you hungry? I can just buy food and bring it here." I asked him. I don't know how to reply to what he has said. He sounded so honest to me and I am damn nervous. The uncontrollable shaking of my hands is obvious.

He held my hand and placed it on his cheeks. "The last thing I want you to feel is to be scared of me. I'll just message someone to bring food here."

Should I just give him a chance? Damn, my heart is beating fast. I held it and tried to rub it.

"Are you okay, baby?"

What is with the baby? I am not used to it.

My heart is not cooperating with me. I don't want Cade to hear the loud beat it is producing.

He stood up and kissed my cheek.

"Cade!" He got me surprised here.

He just smiled at me. He is handsome. I don't usually notice this before because I used to hate him and be annoyed by his presence. But now that he is smiling at me like this why am I feeling so nervous? He looks so perfect.

Someone is knocking at the door. Who could this be?

"Food delivery," Luke said and sat on the couch in front of us. "I am jealous, Cade. You are now always with your boyfie."

Cade ignored him and took a spoonful to feed me.

"I can manage," I told him.

"I know but I want to feed you."

"Okay...okay... time for me to leave," Luke said laughing as he stormed out of the room.

We were just eating when my phone vibrated. I am silently praying that it's not Syd who is calling because Cade is going to kill me.

He glared at me.

He grabbed my phone and checked the screen. The number was not saved on my phone yet and I am not expecting any calls today.

"Who is this?" He is fuming as he looked straight into my eyes.

"I d-don't k-know..." I stuttered, acting like a wife caught cheating by his husband.

He pressed the accept button and answered the phone for me.

"Who is this?" He asked in a serious tone. He is not yelling but it sounded scary. "Why would you call him about this? Don't ever call here again and in case you didn't recognize my voice, this is Cade speaking."

He pressed something on my phone.
"Who is that, Cade?"

"That Erwin."
The flirty guy who offered me 500k for a night.

"What does he want?" We are not close. I don't know why would he call me.

"He wants to die by calling you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One week has passed. Yes, we are still boyfriends and yes, we are still together all the time.

"Stop rushing me." He is already outside our house. Today is Pink's 15th birthday and their family will have a simple dinner at their home.

"Beautiful." He praised me.

"Shut up."
I surrendered fighting against him. I will never win.