Chapter 17

Miles's POV

"Why the hell is he here?"
Cade entered our house. What a fucking luck?

"He is visiting Mayka."

"Really? Then, let's go." He asked me.

"Go where?" I am confused. I just got home. Where does he want me to go again?!

"I am not letting you stay here knowing that this guy is in your house." Cade is not yelling but the way he talks to me tonight is scarier. The anger in his voice is very obvious.

"I will just leave, boss." Sydney is always understanding.

"You didn't take what I told you last time seriously. You're really getting into my nerves." My boyfriend told him.

"I am here for Mayka. Don't worry about it, I never liked Miles." I am already aware of this but hearing it from his mouth made it double the sadness. It's not that I want him to like me but it just saddens me that I wasted my time hoping that he will feel the same.

My brother entered the house with a plastic bag.

"Boss, you are here." He bowed.

"I am bringing Miles for a while, just enjoy your drinking session here."

Mayka looks confused.

"I am fine here, I'll just sleep right away. You can go home." I told Cade.

"Do you really think I can sleep soundly knowing that my boyfriend and his crush are in the same apartment?"

Mayka is not aware of my feelings for his friend. My boyfriend just announced it in front of them and it's embarrassing.

"No need to bring Miles, boss. I can leave." Syd told him.

"How will I be sure that you will not return here?" He looked at me. "You'll come with me or you'll let me stay here."

I know Mayka is itching to talk back but he can't lose being an Elite. He was so happy when he was accepted. It will help my family big time and my scholarship with MSU is something we can't afford to lose. Mayka is always protective of me but tonight, I know that he is controlling himself. I've been staring at his eyes telling him that it is okay, I am okay.

I know there's no way Cade will back down to this. Even if Sydney leaves tonight, my boyfriend will still not be okay.

"Sleep here, baby," I asked him.

Mayka was surprised about my decision too. I know my brother trusts me.

"Come here." I held his hand and dragged him to my room. I locked it. "Stop thinking about it now and just let the two catch up."
He is sitting in my bed while I am standing in front of him. I can't change him but at least I can make a way to let him feel that I am sincere about liking him.

"You never said that you love me. Liking me is different from loving me. You like him too, right? How can I be sure about my position in your life?"

I touched him on his face, closed my eyes, and kissed him. "I liked him before but that's just it. I will never kiss him like this. Cade, you don't have to worry. I love you. I will love only you." He pulled me on my waist and kissed me. This kiss is needy. It's like I am his only source of life.

"I just love you so much. I can't bear seeing you with another guy. Even just thinking about it is enough to make me insane. Understand me, please." He begged...

He hugged me tightly. "Don't worry." I planted a kiss on his forehead. "I am yours," I said again.

I just changed into comfortable clothes while he just lay down on my bed without changing. We still have class tomorrow and we need to get up early. He asked someone to bring his stuff here.

I am not sure if Syd already left but I know they lost the mood to drink after what happened earlier.

He is holding me into his arms. Cade is too handsome. Aside from that, he is too rich. Totally out of my league. Girls are swooning over my boyfriend but here he is, crazy for an average guy like me. He grabbed his phone and took our picture together at this position. He gleamed looking at it. His smile is so satisfying. I always want to see him like this.

"What are you doing?"

He showed me his phone screen. He made our picture his wallpaper. I did the same thing as him and he was so pleased.

"I love you." We are staring at each other as I gave him the assuring words.

He climbed on top of me and it made me panic a bit.

"I love you with all my soul." He bent down to give me a breathtaking kiss. His hands traveled on my chest, caressing it. It is making me feel good but I am worried that it might advance to something I am not ready about yet.

"Baby, a kiss is enough," I told him.
I am afraid that he will insist doing what he wants. If he asks me tonight, I don't know if I will be able to stop him. He hardly listens to anyone's order.

"Yes, I am sorry. I got so excited." He returned to my side and hugged me again.

~~~~~
We are now on our way to school. I am feeding him fries while he is driving.

"I think you are the only one who would want fries for breakfast."

"Are you complaining?" I asked him.

"No, how can I complain against you?" He said smiling.

I am glad that he is already okay. I thought last night will be the end of us. What could have happened if I didn't allow him to sleep in our house last night? Could we still be smiling like this?

I shoved a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

"Baby, I am good with fries."

"No. I can't finish this rice. You are the one who ordered this."

"I ordered it for you." He parked in front of the building. As always, he would put the car key on top of the hood and some elite will park the car in the proper parking space. Being with Cade for weeks, I am already familiar with the guards secretly following him every day. One of them is Bernard who is also our classmate.

"Are you done with the assignment? are you proud of me? I made it myself." Luke asked just right after we settled on our desk.

"What assignment, baby?" I asked Cade.

"Last Thursday's assignment on Microeconomics. Don't tell me you are not done yet." Cade told me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why didn't you tell me? We are together all the time." I immediately grab my notes and rushed to finish them.

"In the hangout place before going home that is what I am doing. You can just copy mine or I can make another." He offered.

"Shut up!" I started answering it. We still have less than an hour before the subject. I think I can finish it if they will just stop disturbing me.

"Eat first." He asked me.

"Finish it all and don't talk to me." He keeps feeding me and I can't concentrate.

The two are just staring at me while I am busy answering my papers.

"Calm down. I told you, you can just copy mine." My boyfriend told me.

I never copied an assignment my whole life but I am hopeless today so I grabbed his paper. Shit! This is the first time. I trust Cade. Even his attitude sucks most of the time, he really is smart. After almost twenty minutes, I finished it.

"Are you okay?"
I am not. I think I need to focus more. I am too busy with Cade that I even forgot this. I need to maintain my grades. I just want to prove to Sir Kai that I deserve the scholarship. I also want my brother to feel that I am worthy of his sacrifice for letting me take this chance away from him. He should have been studying here if not for me.

A new face entered the room. For a middle-aged woman, she looks so elegant that came out straight from a Fashion magazine. "You can just call me Ma'am Paris for those who don't know me yet, I'll be your temporary professor for a week." I looked at Cade, he looks so surprised by the new teacher's presence. He looks so happy.

"Stop smiling at me Colleen Suppasit."
The professor told him.