Chapter 23

Miles's POV

"This village is owned by the Kiriguns."

This is the first time that I have heard this. I am not really interested in hearing this story because I am so focused on academics. I am not sure if Mayka is aware of this too. The people here knows that my brother is working as a guard. Now I wonder if they have an idea that he is working for the Kirigun clan.

"Baby, you know this?" I asked my boyfriend.

"Nope. I don't know. Dada owns a lot of property and it's not a surprise to me if he owns this too. But why though? I mean the village is too far and I don't see any gains from owning this one."
Even my boyfriend is not aware too.

I quickly stuff the food on his plate to his mouth so we can talk with my grandmother. She is known for being the most beautiful woman in this village.

"Baby, I am full." He whined.

"Then let's go to my grandmother. I want you to meet her."

"Is she scary like you?"

"Since when did I became scary to you? Can't you see that I am sweet?"

Cade laughed so hard and it caught everyone's attention.

"Okay, you are sweet. I'll try not to argue with that but at least prove me more." He kissed my cheek. Damn it. People will gossip about me again. You know the oldies in this village are so conservative.

I just pulled him inside my grandmother's house. We live with her. She stayed on the first floor. This wooden house was built 50 years ago and remains the biggest inside our village.

"Grandma." She was sitting in the living room busy with her cross-stitch.

She looked at us.

"Tharn?"she uttered.
She was surprised to see Cade. So my grandmother really knows Sir Tharn.

"He is Cade."

"You look like Tharn and the kid I met before, if I am not mistaken it was Cole." My grandmother weakly stood up from the wooden seat to hold Cade's cheeks.

"Cole is my father. Tharn is my great grandfather." Cade did a proper wai in front of my grandmother.

"Oh my God, come here." She hugged Cade tightly. "It's been twenty years since I last saw them. Type always hides here whenever he has a major fight with Tharn or even the smallest one. The last visit he did was just to have a short vacation.Tharn brought the kid Cole to pick Type up. That couple always made me worried all the time. The last time they called me was five years ago. Are you here to visit me? How are they? Did you eat already? Are you friends with Miles?" This is the first time I heard my grandmother talked a lot after a long time.

"Miles is my boyfriend." He proudly announced.

"Then, I am glad that my grandson is in good hands." He caressed Cade's hair.

"He is of course. Do you want to talk with my great grandparents?"

"Can I? I remember Tharn threatening us before that he will buy this village and kick everyone out. He ended buying it for Tee. I mean for Type. This place is Type's sanctuary. Tharn's condition for us to stay here free is to never let outsiders enter the place. You should always visit here too. Their house is on the corner. That is Type's haven. No one is allowed to enter that place but if you will ask for permission from them, I am hiding the spare key to that small house."

"Thank you for telling me this story. They just love each other so much."
Cade looked at me. "Baby, call them."

I remembered that I am the one using his phone. He still hasn't bought his own.
We called them and let my grandmother talked with them.