Chapter 12

Miles's POV

"I like you, too."
I gathered all my courage to say this to Cade.

I am trying to check on his eyes to see his reaction.

I felt slight embarrassment after dropping these words to him. It's his fault for taking care of me this past week. It somehow made me felt special.

"Can you say it again?" Cade is still annoying. Nothing has changed.

"No."

"Just one more time." He begged.

"Shut up. I'll just wait for Mayka, so we can go home together." My brother is assigned here until next week.

"No, I'll drive you home."

After admitting to Cade that I like him, it became uncomfortable for me to look into his eyes. However, this guy in front of me either confidently stares at my eyes or on my lips all the time.

"You don't need to," I argued. It's just a waste of time for him.

"Remember what happened to you last time?"

"Mayka will be with me. Nothing to worry about."

"I know, but just let me tonight." We entered their gate. He stopped in front of Syd.
"Drive for us later. Get the car ready."

Of all the guards they have here, why Sydney? He knows I like him.

"Let's tell papa first," Cade told me as he grabbed me on my waist.

We informed them that I am going home and Cade is going to send me.

"Be careful Colleen, Miles." His dad said.

"Kaiden!" My boyfriend corrected.

I noticed since last week that Cade loves to hold me on my waist. I think I am getting used to it slowly.

Sydney is the one driving the car. The atmosphere here is awkward inside.

Cade is examining my every movement for sure. I can feel him just staring at me the whole time. I can't even look straight because I am afraid he'll think that I am glancing at Syd. I just sat near the window to avoid misunderstanding. He places his arm on my shoulder.

"Baby, remind me to change your phone tomorrow."

"Can you not stare at my lips please and why do you need to change it? I am okay with my phone." Seriously, Mayka just bought this phone for me 4 months ago.

"Many users of that app got your number right last time, right? I don't want them to keep texting you. I want your phone to be clean, away from those scumbags. I don't want anyone to be texting or calling you anymore."

I want you to...
I don't want you to...
You should...
You should not...
He sure talks a lot. He has lots of conditions.

"Okay."

We arrived at our small apartment.
He opened the car for me. We just stood outside for a while. "I'll wait for Mayka to arrive before we leave you here."

I already told him that I can wait for my brother's shift to end so we can go home together but this guy is really persistent on sending me here...

"I need to go in now," I told Cade.

"Not gonna invite me for a cup of coffee?" He winked.

"Stop pretending. You don't drink coffee and no I am not inviting you in." I smiled at him.

Damn. Cade is really handsome when smiling.

"You got me there. Now go in and rest. I will wait here."