Chapter 15

Miles's POV

"You really are the best, baby." The way Cade smiles at me is a bit off. Have you seen already a scary smile? Cade is giving me that vibe.

"Best at what?" I smiled at him.

"Best at making me feel jealous." He answered me.

"Why would you be jealous of them? Can you at least be reasonable? I don't see any reason to be jealous of talking to them. I was just glad to meet them again." Cade has a lot of restrictions and I am not fond of that kind of relationship.

"I told you already that I don't like sharing."

"Sharing with who? It's not like I am going to flirt with them." I followed him on the corner of the living area. He put his hand inside his pocket.
Cade is easy to read. I know he is mad at me for talking with those guys but he needs to understand that for this relationship to work, he should also try to put trust in this.

"Fine, let's just stay here for a while."
He is ignoring me. We sat on the grandest couch my bummy had ever touched.

Sir Kai approached us and told Cade that his dad called him.

After he left, Sir Kai sat beside me.

"Are you okay, Miles?"

"I think I am." I forced a smile.

"Is he mad? I am sorry about how Cade acts. Maybe it's because of his environment why he became like that. I can totally understand if you think Cade's attitude sucks. I've been telling him since he was a kid not to be so controlling and manipulative but I really don't know if I am just a bad parent or Cade was really born to be like that. It's like a curse to the Kirigun's, I mean the possessiveness. Everyone is like that from their bloodline. I am sorry about that but I swear Cade is a very kind person. He is the sweetest. I can attest to that. I just want to ask you to please don't give up on him easily. I may be shameless to say this, but I don't want my son to be hurt. This is not an order, this is a request from a parent. But of course, you have your own life and own decision, it is still your call. And if you think there is no way you can handle or accept his flaw, please tell him as early as possible. Don't extend the pain. You need to think it hard if you can settle with this relationship without being close to other guys. I understand that feeling of yours but I know I made the right decision. Cade is someone who will give his all to someone he loves. It is still up to you. Thank you for listening." He patted my head and left.

I can feel Sir Kai's sincerity. Is it really a grave offense to talk to a guy? I am doubting myself if I can be happy with this kind of relationship.

Now that he mentioned it, I thought of giving myself a month. I will try my best to avoid being friendly with others and focus only on him for a month. If I managed to survive, then I promise to stay and be stuck with him permanently.

Even though Cade is being too much sometimes, he never hurts me or even speaks ill of me. I have this feeling of security when I am with him. Like I am safe with Cade no matter what. Like he will protect me from anything that will try to harm me. I feel safe.

I saw him approaching me. "Where did you go?" His face is telling me that he is still mad about what happened earlier.

"Upstairs. Do you want to eat?" He looks so bored sitting with me here. He should be socializing with their guests.

"Still mad? Let's not ruin the night by fighting. Those guys are just nothing to me. I learned my lesson now." I caressed his cheek to face me.
"Baby, I am yours." His face lightened.

"You mean it?" His gloomy aura brightened and I felt relieved.

"I mean it."
I am giving myself a chance to know if I can really stay in this kind of relationship. It's not like I am scared because I am planning on flirting with other guys, it's just I don't want him to put me in a cage. I'll ignore whoever I want to ignore and be friends with whoever I want to be friends with.