Chapter 16

Cade's POV

"Oops, sorry. Then why did you bring me here? Why did your dad tell me to come to your room?" He worriedly asked me when we are in front of my door.

"Because you are now a member of our family." He is now. The third floor is for family or the soon-to-be.

I opened the door and entered but Miles was left standing there.

"Baby, come here. I am dizzy already. Just sit on the bed first and let me just wash up real quick."

I came out of the room with only a white towel around my waist.
"Baby, you go take a shower. I'll get something for you to wear."

"I am okay with this. I already messaged Mayka to text me if he is out already so I can come home with him."
His eyes are glued on his phone. He didn't spare a glance at me.

"It's late already. We can just wake up early morning. I'll call your brother." Miles asked me not to and will do it himself.

He showered very quickly. I handed him some shirt and pajama.

I was drying my hair when he came out so I asked him to sit beside me. I helped him dry his hair too. "Is it nice?" Miles's eyes are closed as I use my dryer on his hair. I kissed his cheek because he is really beautiful.

He looked at me and kissed me back on my forehead. "Let's rest."
This beauty asked me. "I can sleep on your bed since I am a member of this family now, right?" He told me with a hint of playfulness.

"Always allowed, baby."

He lay down on my bed and covered himself with a thick blanket. I am sleepy already but seeing him lying beside me makes me forget my dizziness.

Miles smiled at me. "I am tired."
I scoot over to his side and wrapped him in my arms. He asked me to lower the aircon temp in which I willingly obliged. He said he is not used to so much coldness.

I can hug him forever to make him feel the warmth. I looked at him very dearly. I will never hurt this guy. I won't allow anyone too.
I just caressed his hair to make him feel relaxed. Of course, I can feel something inside my body which is just normal when you are sleeping beside the one you love but I have no plans of doing him tonight. This guy just looks so fragile and before I do it to him, I want him to be ready for me. Not tonight, not when he looks so anxious.

I hugged him tightly. I never thought hugging can be this so satisfying. I kissed the top of his head as we both slowly doze off.

I was awakened by a gentle shake on my arms. "Sorry, baby. I am thirsty. I am too shy to step out of the room."

Miles interrupted my sleep. He must be thankful that I love him because I don't let anyone disturb me when I am sleeping.

"No worries. Stay here. I'll get you water." I stormed out of the room. We have our pantry here on this floor. The main reason that they added this one is to prevent my grandparents from going back and forth to the first floor.

I saw papa standing near the staircase.

"Your dad said you are drunk."

"I am not, was just dizzy earlier. Why are you still up?" It's like he is waiting for someone.

"Your dad. I am waiting for him. I asked him for a midnight snack.
Anyway, are you and Miles good?"

"Yes, pa. Why?" I think my dad is not buying it. We are really good though.

"Sweety, be good to Miles, okay? If you really want to keep him forever you need to be good to him."
He ruffled my hair.

"I know. I know. I need to get water." When I saw dad approaching, I immediately left papa there. I don't want to argue with dad tonight. I am sleepy.