Chapter 29

Miles's POV

I woke up in new surroundings.

I am living here now. I need to get used to it.

I went downstairs and saw Bernard and Bruno having their coffee.

"Oh, sorry, sir." They were about to leave when I told them it's fine. They are Cade's bodyguards after all. Bernard is my classmate and Bruno is one of the best Elites as per Mayka. They call him 'Silent Giant'. He is tall at 196 cm with a big built. I never heard his voice though. I laughed in my head when I imagined him having a tiny voice with that kind of body.

I don't know how to start cooking here. Cade will be hungry when he woke up. We have no enough sleep last night because his head keeps aching.

For sure our fridge is empty because we just moved yesterday. I still opened it and was surprised when it is so full. "Don't forget to eat on time, my dumpling - papa." Sir Kai must be worried about his son.

I thaw some frozen chicken. I don't know what does Cade wants though. I am just good at frying and cooking instant noodles.

They stepped outside the house even before Cade come down.

I heard loud footsteps from the stairs. He approached me angrily. "You should have woken me up." He is just wearing his boxer shorts.

"Good morning." I massaged his forehead. "Are you okay now?"

"How can I be okay after waking up without you on our bed?"He said to me.

What do I expect from him?
"I'll just deep fry this. Will you be okay with chicken?" I ruffled his hair. "It's too early to be grumpy."

"Who wouldn't be grumpy? I didn't see you in bed when I woke up."  Too lame for his reason.

I asked him to take shower before we eat. We'll go to our apartment to take some of my stuff later.

"You'll be seeing me every day now. We need to set some house rules. We are going to talk about it later so you can list down all your proposed rules." I suggested.

I prepared our lunch. This is our first meal here but I failed. It was too bland. I looked for another food in the fridge. "This one is ready to eat. Let me just reheat it for you."

"I am fine with the fried chicken," Cade told me. He finished his food without complaint.

I just washed our clothes from our luggage after. 

We finally reached our apartment around six PM.

It was Sydney who opened the door for us.
"You're here," I uttered.

"Mayka said you won't be staying here now so he invited me to drink," Sydney told us.

"Just get your stuff so we can go." Cade is annoyed again. I don't know that Sydney is here though.

"Here's your wine." I put the wines on the table. I am trying my best not to glance at Syd. "And Syd, this one is for you." It was a paper bag full. of delicacies for him.

"Thank you, Miles."

"It's not from me. It's from Lhane."

Cade is already glaring at me. I entered the room quickly to get my stuff.

Cade followed after almost ten minutes. "Still like him?"

"Baby, no. I only like you." I can understand his jealousy now. I just realized that it is reasonable to be jealous because I once like Sydney but that was before I fell in love with Cade.