Chapter 5 || I'm not the only one

Nick's POV

After Scarlett went inside with Zane, I stayed outside waiting for Nora. I felt this urge to talk to her, something I only felt towards Scarlett. Suddenly, I saw Nora's long light brown hair and green eyes. She was so beautiful!

"Nora!" I called her name, smiling.

"Oh hey, Nick!" She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Can I walk you to class?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded. "I thought you always spent time with your friends." She said shyly.

"And I do but I want to spend time with you too." I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment.

I walked her to class and we said our goodbyes. I watched her walk in and sit with a book in her hand. Even when she was focused she was absolutely stunning. This girl is definitely something else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally I love class, but I wanted to be with Nora and my friends. It was the first time they were going to spend time together and I was nervous. I want Nora to feel good with me and my friends. I believe they will make her feel welcome. At least I hope so. The bell rang and I immediately made my way to Nora's classroom. She was still inside talking to a teacher.

"It's lunch time!" I smiled.

She looked at me. "You really want to introduce me to your friends?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course. You're my friend as well so..."

She smiled and held my hand. That gesture made me melt. She was sweet, beautiful, smart and different from the girls I know. I reckon that I only know Scarlett and Kaylee, but Nora is way different than them. We arrived at the cafeteria where Scarlett, Kaylee, Axel and Zane were sitting and laughing.

"Hey! This is Nora, my lab partner and friend." I introduced her. "These are my best friends Scarlett and Kaylee and their boyfriends Zane and Axel." I smiled at Nora and squeezed her hand.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled shyly.

"Sit with us!" Kaylee smiled at Nora and winked at me. I immediately looked away.

"Do you want my chocolate pudding?" I asked Nora. Everyone stared at me but Nora was oblivious at that. Normally, I ask Scarlett if she wants the pudding.

"Yes, thank you." Nora smiled.

I smiled at her. "You're welcome."

After a while, Scarlett and Nora went to the restroom.

"Nora is nice." Kaylee smiled at me.

"She is amazing!" I smiled thinking about Nora.

"Dude, you're smitten!" Axel teased me.

"She's incredibly intelligent and beautiful."

Zane looked at me smiling. "True. I can't believe she likes you."

"How so?" I asked.

"I was just messin' with you." He patted my and smiled. "I'm happy for you."

"She's just my friend."

"Nicky, she likes you. I can see it in the way she looks at you." Kaylee stated.

"Should I ask her out?"

"Yes." Kaylee said quickly.

Scarlett and Nora came back smiling.

"Nora, I think we should go out on a date." I blurted out.

"Very smooth dude!" Axel laughed.

"I agree." Nora smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the library. I normally go there to rest for a while before class but you should stay with your friends." She smiled.

"So tonight?"

"Yes." She said and then left.

I was speechless and everyone kept staring at me. "What?"

"She's just like you." Scarlett said.

"I know. It's kinda scary." Kaylee threw a grape at me and laughed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After class, Kaylee and I waited for Scarlett to go home. During the car ride the girls sang to 'Blank Space' by Taylor Swift or TSwift like Kaylee called her.

"You two are very off key." I complained.

"You're just jealous cause you can't sing." Kaylee stuck her tongue out at me and Scarlett laughed.

"Why should I be jealous of your terrible voices?"

"Nicky, stop hating on us and join the Swifties." I laughed at Kaylee.

After that they started singing Bruno Mars.

"Do you know all the lyrics to every song on the radio?" I asked a little shocked at their ability to sing so badly.

"Shut up!" Scarlett said and Kaylee laughed.

The ride ended, thank God, and I asked Kaylee to help me get ready for my date with Nora.

"Why didn't you ask Scarlett?" Kaylee gave me a confused look.

"She seems a little distracted today." I answered.

"I think she's jealous because she used to be your number 1 girl and now you like Nora." Kaylee said while going inside my closet. "Try out this blue shirt." She demanded.

"Why would she be jealous? She's dating Zane." I stated.

"You never had a girlfriend and Scarlett was always the only girl in your life. She's feeling a little left out and I can't blame her." She paused. "But it's weird that she feels threated by Nora. You need to move on and date other girls. Nora is perfect for you and she's so pretty." Kaylee smiled. "That shirt suits you well. Wear some jeans and a blazer. Nora will totally melt." Kaylee laughed.

"Would you mind leaving the room while I'm dressing?" I asked.

"Nicky, I've seen you naked before. Plus, it's not like I wanna fuck you so stop being a pussy." She threw a pillow at me.

"How do I look?" I asked.

She squealed. "You look hot!" She smiled. "Now take a shower and make Nora a lucky girl." She kissed my cheek. "Tell me everything after."

Kaylee left my house and I smiled at the thought of being with Nora. Kay was right, Scarlett was no longer my number 1 girl and I needed to move on from her.