Chapter 17 || Secret

Scarlett's POV

It's been over a month since Nick started dating Nora. He was completely in love with the girl and she seemed nice for him. My relationship with Zane was stronger than ever and Kaylee was acting a little weird but she was Kaylee so I didn't even ask about it.

I decided to go to the mall after school to buy some supplies for my brother's birthday party, his present  and a little something for me and Kay. She had to cheer up a bit. After I left one of the many stores, I saw a blonde girl that looked really familiar.

I knocked on Kaylee's door and her big sister Heather opened the door.

"Hey Heather!" I smiled.

She was smoking a cigarette. "Hey! Kaylee's not here."

"I know. I came here to prepare a surprise for her birthday."

"Shit! It's almost her birthday and I forgot." She cussed.

"Well, I bought her tons of gifts. You can giver her one and say it's from you." I smiled. "I don't mind."

She fake smiled. "Thanks."

Heather was back! She looked so different and happy. The Heather I knew was too thin, always frowning and only smiled when she was high. I should tell Kaylee but I didn't want to upset her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was distraught by what I saw at the mall so I decided to turn to the only person who could help me: Nick. So I drove to his house and knocked on his door. He answered and I was freaking out.

"What's wrong Scar?" He asked.

"I saw Kaylee's sister at the mall." I blurted out.

He stared at me. "That's impossible!"

"That's what I thought but..." I showed him the picture I took of the girl. "...this is her."

Nick was in shock. "Have you told Kaylee?"

"Ya think? She will freak out! Plus, Heather is not good for Kaylee. We need to keep quiet."

"Kaylee is our best friend and we can't lie to her."

"We're not lying to her, we're protecting her." I stared at Nick. "Please, Nicky. Promise me you won't tell Kaylee!"

He scratched the back of his head. "I promise."

Nick hugged me and my phone vibrated. It was a text from Zane telling me to go to his house. I left Nick's and made my way to Zane's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I woke up, took a shower and all that jazz to get a ride from Kaylee. She was always yelling about how I take too much time in the morning so today I woke up earlier. I was really nervous to see Kaylee after deciding not to tell her about Heather.

"Morning, loser!" She greeted me with a smile.

I handed her a muffin. "My mom made a batch this morning." I smiled.

"Score!" She took a bite.

"Hey girls!" Nick smiled.

Kaylee hugged Nick. "Hey Nicky! When are we having a sleepover just the three of us?" She asked with her obnoxious puppy dog face.

"Soon." I guaranteed.

"Yeah, what she said." Nick agreed and looked at me.

"Are we going to school or what?" I asked smiling.

"Oh, we're going." Kaylee got in the driver's seat.

"Shotgun!" Nick yelled.

"Damn it!" I cussed.

Kaylee laughed. "That was the most manly thing I watched you do." She said to Nick.

"Thanks." He smiled and got in the passenger's seat.

"You stink, Nick!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I do not cause I took a shower this morning."

Kaylee and I burst into laughter. I missed these moments with Kaylee and Nick. It used to be just us before I got a boyfriend and Nick turned out to be hot and really smooth with girls.

Sorry about the short chapter but I had major writer's block!! I will try to write another chapter today xx