Chapter 10 || Where you lead

Kaylee's POV

Helping Nick really made me feel better. When I was with him I didn't think about deadbeat Axel or selfish Scarlett. I should focus on helping him with the little scavenger hunt to win Nora's heart forever. I was really good with romance and Axel would never do all those little things that I love.

Next day, I went to Nick's house because it was my turn to drive him to school. He really needed to get his license but I didn't mind to drive him. He was funny in a weird way.

"Come in, loser!" I yelled.

"I'm coming!" He opened the door.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh are you now?" I giggled in a devilish way.

"Yes. Can't you see?" He was clearly confused.

I laughed. "Just get into the car!"

"So Axel called last night and..."

I interrupted Nick. "What? Axel is such a dick!"

"He's really sorry."

"Does it look like I care?" I started to speed.

"I still want to live." He laughed nervously.

I noticed I reached the speed limit. "I'm so sorry Nick. This Axel talk just makes me nervous. He's a jerk and I don't to talk to him ever again!"

"I get it." He smiled.

"Don't forget to ignore her a little today."

"What?"

"Nora! Ignore her a little." I smiled.

"We're lab partners." He stated.

I sighed. "Just talk about Chemistry stuff."

He smiled and waved. I watched him walk into school and then I saw Scarlett and Zane. I walked right past them, looked at them and entered the school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in my locker putting my books in there when I noticed someone was standing right beside me. I could feel the smell of his cologne and then I saw his blue eyes, the same eyes I was in love with.

"What the hell do you want, Axel?" I asked angry.

"I just want to talk." He said.

"Why would I even want to talk to you?"

He scratched the back of his head. "Because I still love you and I want you back. Plus, it wasn't really my fault."

Next thing I knew my fist was connected to his nose and he was bleeding. I also kicked his crotch because no one messes with Kaylee Fitzgerald.

"Don't ever talk to me again. I hate your stupid ass face and I want nothing to do with you." Everyone was around us and I was pissed. "Fuck off!" I yelled at those vultures.

My head was spinning but it felt good to punch that little bitch. It was liberating and I was smiling from satisfaction. He deserved to get punched so don't judge me. I went to class and then the principal called me. I was in trouble for punching a dirtbag. Fuck the school system!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At lunch time, I sat at a random table and started eating my fries when Scarlett sat righ next to me. This bitch wanted to get punched too and I was in a row.

"I heard you got detention for punching and kicking Axel." She looked down.

"That's what you get when you try to do something good." I ate another french fry.

She giggled. "He totally deserved it."

I smiled. "I know! And I told the principal that but he wants to make me an example for other students with anger issues."

"He said that?"

"Pretty much." I looked at Axel who sat with Zane.

Scarlett looked at me. "Kay, I'm sorry. I was selfish and an attention whore like you said. You're my best friend and what happened to you is way worse than my boyfriend not telling me that he loves me."

Nick walked into the cafeteria and smiled at me. I looked at Scarlett and hugged her. "I love you Scar and I forgive you. Maybe I overreacted because I felt lonely."

"You will always have because whrever you go I will follow. Remember our plans?"

"Graduate high school, go to Columbia University, have a double marriage and set playdates for our kids." I smiled.

"With our own theme song 'Where you lead'..."

"By Caroline King." We said together.

"So are we good?" She asked.

"We're more than good." I kissed her cheek and I could see Nick making his way to us.

"I see my best friends made up." He smiled.

I jumped off my seat and hugged him tight. "Thanks to you, Nicky." I let him go. "He's been a really good friend to me."

"You're always a good friend to all of us so you deserve good friends as well." He winked at me.

"He's right." Scarlett confirmed. "To Kaylee, for being the best friend anyone could ever have and to us, for keeping her locked in our tight group."

"The three musketeers, right." Nick smiled.

"I love you guys!" I said.

I was so lucky to have Scarlett and Nick as my best friends. I spent too much worrying about Axel and his stupid ways, now I need to focus on my real friends, the ones who love me the most. My head was finally clear.