Chapter 22 || Boom clap

Nick's POV

I was at Nora's place having dinner with her and her family. It was nice to be with Nora. She made me smile and she was gorgeous. Her mother was a very good cook and her father was extremely smart. We talked about a lot of things. Her brother doesn't seem to like me very much and I don't know why.

"How is school going for you, Nick?" Mr. Horowitz asked me.

"Really good. Nora and I already finished the Chemistry project and we're ready to present it." I smiled.

"It's true, dad. Nick had some really great ideas and we're doing some extra credit work." She smiled. "We both want to go to MIT."

"I think that's a perfect school for both of you, but why don't you apply to CalTech?"

"That's our safety school, right Nicky?" She asked.

"Of course."

Kaylee, Scarlett and I always wanted to stay in California but my wish was to go to MIT. I have the highest GPA in school and my extra-curriculars are impeccable. I'm captain of the chess club, member of the science club and I work at the tutor center.

"What are you thinking about?" Nora asked.

I kissed her cheek. "I'm thinking about how amazing you are for pushing me to go to MIT." I smiled.

"I know that's your dream school and even though the odds of us being together by then are less than 50%, I still want to go to the same college as you." She held my hand. "You mean a lot to me."

"I love you, Nora."

"I love you too." She smiled.

We kissed and I felt like a million fireworks were inside my body. My heart was racing and I had goosebumps all over me. Nora was the only one for me and we were going to stay together forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Kaylee knocked on my door. She had a smile plastered on her face and I knew she wanted something from me.

"What do you want, Kay?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Can't I just come to see you before school?" She smiled.

"I would believe you if I didn't know you." I teased her.

She pretended to be hurt. "That's mean!"

"Scarlett is almost done. What do you want?"

"Well... There's a party this weekend and I really want to go. Scar needs to study for an exam but you can come. You never cram for a test." She looked at me with a hopeful look.

"Where's the party? And can I bring Nora?" I asked.

"The party's at Todd Rivers' house and you can take whoever you want."

"Then we have a deal." I smiled and she hugged me.

"I love you Nicky!" She clapped her hands in excitement.

"Yeah, right." I teased her once more.

After that, Scarlett called us and we headed to school where Nora and I would be presenting our project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At lunch, Nora and I decided to go to a small bistro near our school and we talked about our project. She was excited and so was I. The first semester was almost over and we needed amazing grades to keep our GPA.

"So, Kaylee invited me to a party." I said.

"Oh..." She looked down.

"I asked her if you could go as well and she said yes. Todd Rivers is throwing the party." I looked at her emotionless expression. "You don't have to go..."

She smiled. "Sounds fun."

"Really?" I was surprised.

"Of course. We normally do stuff I want. For once, we should do what you want." She ate a piece of her meat. "Plus, I like Kaylee. She's nice." Nora smiled and so did I.

"You're a very understanding girlfriend." I smiled.

"Well, you're a very sweet boyfriend."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekend came and Kaylee was rushing me to get ready. She helped me with my clothes and hair. That girl really wanted this night to be great. We stopped by Nora's house to pick her up and headed to the party.

Todd's house was huge and I saw everyone from school there... except for Scarlett. Kaylee saw Axel and made her way to another room of the house and we followed her.

"Sup, Kaylee?" A drunk Todd said.

"Get a girlfriend... A real one. We both know I'm not interested in you and I never will." She responded.

"Who are your friends?" He asked.

"Don't you remember the guy you used to call gay?" Kaylee rolled her eyes. "And that pretty girl is his girlfriend. Which one of these skanks is yours?" She smirked. "That's right! None."

Todd opened his mouth and then turned around. Kaylee turned to us. "And that's how you deal with douchebags." She smiled proudly.

After a while, Axel made his way towards us with Zane and he looked weird. At least to me.

"So Nick, I heard you were a very good friend to Kaylee." Axel smiled.

"Dude..." Zane tried to push him away.

"Yeah. I'm Kaylee's friend so..."

Out of the blue, Axel punched and I fell to the floor. "Stay away from my girl!" He screamed.

"I'm not your girl anymore!" Kaylee was clearly hurt.

"Are you okay?" Nora asked me. "Someone get some ice!" She yelled.

"I'll be fine." I said.

This was a first. On the down side, I was going to get a black eye for at least a week but on the bright side, I can tell everyone I was on a fist fight. I will be able to laugh about this moment when I don't feel any pain.