Chapter 34 || I want you to know

Kaylee's POV

Nick Marshall hit Zane and he didn't hit back. Where was this Nick when Axel and I broke up? I'm totally against violence but Nick was so sexy for a brief moment. I went after Scarlett when I saw a familiar face. It was the guy from Maisie's party, the one I kissed.

"Hey Scar, I'll be in the bathroom with you in a minute." I said.

"Okay." She replied.

"Hello stranger!" I smiled at him.

"Kaylee! I didn't know you go to this school." Flynn smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"Well, this is my junior year." I crossed my arms. "What are you doing here?" I asked curious.

"I just transferred." He answered.

I looked at him. "Look, my friend is a hot mess right now but we can catch up later." I suggested.

"Let's have some tea and chat after school." He said.

"Yeah." I smiled and waved at him.

I entered the girls' bathroom and Scarlett was looking herself at the mirror. She seemed so sad that i had to pretend I didn't see Flynn.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked her.

"I should hate Nick for what he did but I feel good." She laughed slightly. "Do you have any makeup with you?" She asked.

"I always have my makeup in my bag." I chuckled.

"It's makeover time!" She smiled devious.

Scarlett wanted me to turn her into a hot girl instead of a hot mess. Dream come true!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we were in the bathroom, I remembered I had a cute top in my bag and handed to Scarlett. I always carry stuff in my bag, don't judge me!

"Who was that guy in hallway?" Scarlett asked while I was doing her makeup.

"He's just a friend." I smiled.

She looked at me. "Is he the guy you hooked up with?"

"We only kissed." I corrected her.

"He's cute!" She said.

"Very cute!" I smiled while applying mascara. "His name is Flynn."

"Told ya you'd find a guy better than Axel." She smirked.

"I still don't know if he's better than Axel but he's british." I laughed.

"That automatically makes him hotter." Scarlett pointed out.

"You're so right!" We both laughed and then I stared at Scar. "You look so fucking hot! Zane's jaw will drop."

"I'm not doing this for Zane, I'm doing it for myself. I don't believe in winning a breakup but I want to feel happy and empowered." Scarlett looked down.

"Does that mean we're going shopping today?" I asked.

"Maybe tomorrow. I still need time to mourn my relationship." We hugged and I realized she was being so mature.

When Axel and I broke up, I shut him down and I only got my closure before winter break. After that we haven't talked and that made me text him so we could talk and he agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school I waited for Flynn but he was nowhere to be found. A few minutes later he showed up.

"Sorry but the principal was being a complete bore." He said.

"It's okay." I smiled. Everything sounded so sexy with his accent.

"Where shall we go?" He asked scratching the back of his head.

"There's a small coffee shop across the street. They have really good tead." I winked.

"Then off we go." He smiled and held my hand.

We entered the coffee shop and the owner smiled at me. I always come here with Nick and Scarlett.

"Do you want the usual my dear?" The old lady asked.

"Actually I want to switch up a bit. How about some tea and mud pie?" I smiled.

"What kind of tea?" She asked.

"Is there more than one kind?" I asked confused.

Flynn and Mrs. Claire laughed. "Of course there is dear."

"May I suggest black tea?" Flynn asked with his charming smile and accent.

"That is a delightful choice. So 2 black cups of tea, one piece of mud pie and what will you have boy?" Mrs. Claire asked.

"Some scones." Flynn smiled.

"Alright." The lady smiled and left our table.

"This coffee shop looks so much like the ones in Bristol." He sighed.

"Do you miss home?" I asked.

"I do but I'm enjoying California." He smiled. "I met this beautiful girl at a party." He winked at me with a smirk.

We had our tea and talked about everything. Flynn was so smart and funny. I could see myself with a guy like him and maybe he would be the one to make me forget about Axel.