Chapter 24 || Let her go

Axel's POV

Kaylee and Nick?! I'm disgusted by the thought that Nick may be fucking my girl. She told me he was more of a man that I will ever be and that's fucked up. I'm Axel Kingston, the king of high school. Nerdy Nick is not more manly than I am, that's just wrong. And isn't he dating that hot nerd, Dora? I have to win Kaylee back.

The next day at school I saw Todd and went back to talk to him. If anyone could make me look good in front of Kaylee is Todd, she despises him.

"Hey man!" We high fived.

"Sup, Axel?" He smirked.

"I need a favor. You see, Kaylee has been very mad at me for going to jail..."

He interrupted me. "Getting rid of that chick was the best thing that ever happened to you." He laughed.

"What?" I was getting.

"She was trying to make you her puppy. You're Axel, the king!" He paused. "Do you remember when Vicky showed us her boobs when she was drunk? You were excited and that's the Axel I want back."

"But I want Kaylee." I looked at him. "I love her and I know she loves me but Nick is in the way."

"Look man, I'm not gonna help you get back to that bitch. She might be hot and all but you need to have some fun." He chuckled.

I punched him. "Don't ever call Kaylee a bitch!"

I felt liberated when I punched Todd right in the face. It was a stupid idea to think that he would be willing to help me. If I wanted Kaylee's trust I had to earn it by myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, I tried to talk to Kaylee while she was near her locker grabbing her books. She looked so perfect just standing there.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

She looked at me. "I already said everything I had to say to you."

"But I didn't." I paused. "Kaylee, I have loved you since the first time I saw you. I mean, you have no idea how much I care about you. I love you so much that it hurts."

"Sometimes love isn't the enough. i had my closure and you should have yours." She touched my face.

I grabbed her arm and kissed her. "I love you and I always will. No matter what, Kay."

She stared at me and left. I could feel my heart beat faster and I started crying so I punched a locker. Kaylee was so hurt that it made me mad and sad at the same time. I did that to her and I could never forgive myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived home and called Zane to show up at my house. I needed my best friend. He had a great relationship with Scarlett and maybe his advice would help me.

I heard the doorbell ring and I opened the door. "Hey man!" Zane smiled.

"Hey!" I looked down.

"Are you alright? Cause you look like crap." He said.

"How can I win Kaylee back if she hates my guts?" I asked while drinking beer.

He looked at me. "Well, you could stop drinking." He smiled a bit. "Ax, she's hurt but I don't think she hates you."

"She can barely look at me!" I yelled.

"Because you're always doing the wrong thing! Did you really have to punch Nick? He loves Kaylee as a friend. That's it!" Zane yelled back.

"What should I do?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"You should just let her go. Show her you're mature enough to think about her feelings first." He paused. "If you really care about her, let her go."

"I can't let her go. Just the thought of it makes me... I can't do it."

"Then you're gonna lose her forever." He said.

How did it come to this? My life was perfect with Kaylee and now I'm alone, she hates me and I have to give her space and be the bigger man by letting her go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Zane left I went to my room and started going through all the stuff I had of Kaylee. I stared at a picture of us we took at Disneyland. I remember that day perfectly. I took her there for her birthday and we had a blast.

"Happy Sweet 16!" I kissed her cheek.

Kaylee smiled and hugged me. "You're the best boyfriend ever."

"That's because I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too Axel and I always will." She kissed me softly on the lips.

"We are forever." I smiled and held her hand.

I promised her we were forever and I failed her. I didn't deserve someone like Kaylee just like she didn't deserve a screw up like me. That girl deserved better and she was gonna get it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I drove to her house and stopped right in front of her house. I knocked on her door and she answered it.

"What are you doing here Axel?" She asked.

"I'm here to tell you that I'm letting you go." I said.

"What?" She seemed confused.

"Once, I promised you forever but we both know that your future is not with me. You deserve better and even though it hurts me to give up on you, I have to cause I'm tired of fighting." I looked at her. "I want us to be friends and nothing more."

"I don't know what to say..." She stared right into my eyes.

"You don't have to say anything. Winter break is almost here and I'm going to Switzerland with my parents. I won't bother you."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I love too much to lose you forever." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

When I walked away I felt better. Zane was right, I let her go and it was the best decision ever. I had my closure.