Chapter 27 || Baby it's cold outside

Nick's POV

It was almost Christmas day and I still needed to buy a present for Nora. What was I supposed to give my girlfriend for Christmas? I was so lost, so I decided to go to the mall with Kay and Scar. We entered a store and Kaylee helped me pick a present for Nora.

"What do you think about this?" I held a charm bracelet.

"Is Nora 13 years old? You need to give her something personal and from the heart." Kaylee touched my shoulder. "Trust me!" She smiled.

"Kaylee knows about girls." Scarlett mocked Kaylee.

"I just so happen to be a great matchmaker. If you want to keep your girl, give her something cool and sweet." Kaylee said.

"Cool and sweet... got it!" I looked around.

Truth is I didn't get it. Shopping for girls was so difficult, especially when the girl you're shopping for is your girlfriend.

Kaylee came up to me with a heart necklace. "This is a delicate piece. You should buy it for her." She smiled.

I looked at it and immediately thought of a card I could write. "This is pretty." I kissed her cheek. "Thanks Kay."

She smiled. "You're welcome."

We left the store and Scarlett stared at us. "What?" I asked confused.

She gave us a look. "You two are under a mistletoe. You know what that means." She smirked.

Kaylee looked at me and kissed my cheek. "Merry Christmas, Nicky!"

I smiled. "Merry Christmas Kay!"

For a second I panicked. According to tradition, you're supposed to kiss a person under the mistletoe but Kaylee is like a sister. Things turned out fine, though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Christmas eve and I went to Nora's house so I could exchange presents with her. After that I was going to Scarlett's to do the same, as usual.

"Hi Nick!" Nora smiled.

I kissed her softly o the lips. "Hey!"

"I have your present in my bedroom. Would you like to come upstairs with me?" She asked.

"Sure." I answered.

We went upstairs and reached her room. She had a box on her bed with my name on it.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Open it!" She smiled.

I sat on her bed and opened the box gently. Inside was a Chemistry kit and I was speechless. "Nora..."

"I know you want to be a physicist but you're great with Chemistry."

I hugged her. "You're amazing!" I leaned in and kissed her.

"Where's my present?" She asked.

"Right here." I handed her the small box.

"Okay." She opened it and gasped. "Oh my God!"

"You don't like it?"

"No, I love it." She smiled and hugged me tight. "Can you put it on me?"

"Of course." I smiled and clasped the necklace. "Here."

She saw herself in the mirror. "Why a heart?" She asked while playing with the necklace.

"Because you have my heart since the first day we met. It sounds cliché but for me it was love at first sight." I smiled.