Chapter 9 || I know you care

Nick's POV

After Scarlett and I entered the school, I immediately went looking for Nora. I should focus on Kaylee for now because she needs a friend but a guy has to try to get the girl he likes and I like Nora. For years, I had feelings for Scarlett but I had to be realistic, besides Nora and I were perfect together. She was smart, pretty and nice. I saw her and my heart began to race so I made my way to her.

"Hello!" I looked down.

"Hi Nick!" Nora smiled.

I sighed. "I feel like we should talk."

"We're talking right now." She looked at me confused.

"I mean a proper talk."

"We can talk after school." She gave a small smile and left.

Like my cousin would say, this girl got me whipped. And I don't even know how that happened. She was the one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was lunch time and I saw Kaylee sitting down by herself. I felt bad for her because of her breakup with Axel and her fight with Scarlett. She could not catch a break.

I smiled. "Hey Kay!"

"Sup Nicky?" She looked... different.

"Have you talked to Scarlett yet?"

"No and I'm not going to." She said. "I knew you'd be on her side. You're like her puppy."

"I'm not on her side. And I agree with you. Sometimes she's selfish because she doesn't know what it's like to be us." I took a bite of my sandwich.

"You really are on my side?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course." I looked at her.

She smiled. "So what have you been doing to get Nora back?" She casually asked.

I looked at my tray. "We're going to talk after school."

"You should do something romantic."

"Like what?"

"Let me think!" She paused. "Buy her chocolate."

"Isn't that a little too predictable?" I finished my sandwich.

"You're right. Just tell her how you feel and be honest." She sighed. "Girls hate liars and reckless bastards." She looked at Axel.

"Do you want to talk about Axel?"

"No, I don't. If I talk about him then I'll end up crying and he doesn't deserve my tears."

"He's a jerk!" I blurted out.

Kaylee laughed. "Thanks for being my friend, Nicky." She smiled and held my hand.

I smiled. "I'm here for you. No matter what, Kay." I put my pudding in my bag and walked out of the cafeteria.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, I waited for Nora. We had Chemistry together but we didn't talk at all, mainly because our experiment was quite exciting. She tapped my shoulder and I saw her beautiful smile.

"Hey!" She said.

"Oh, hi!" I smiled.

"So..."

"So..."

"You wanted to talk."

"And I do." I looked at her. "Why did you run away from me?"

"Because I do not feel comfortable with intimacy." She blushed.

"So you like me." I smiled.

She nodded. "Yes. You're funny, intelligent, polite and interesting." She looked down. "But I'm not the girl for you."

"Give me one good reason." I insisted.

"Scarlett is a big part of your life."

"Scarlett is just..." She interrupted me.

"...Your friend. I know that but you liked her before I came along."

"Exactly. Before you came along. Right now I like you and not Scarlett." I took my pudding out of the bag. "Here." I handed it to her.

"Nick..."

"I'm sharing my favorite dessert with you. I'm not a pudding slut." I laughed.

She giggled. "I know you care about me and I appreciate the whole pudding gesture, but you're better off without me." She kissed my cheek and left.

The girl I like doesn't like my best friend, took my pudding and doesn't want be with me. I need Kaylee, she's a master when it comes to girls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So she just left?" Kaylee asked while I was lying in her bed looking at the ceiling.

"She said I was better off without her and mentioned my previous feelings for Scarlett." I sighed. "Girls are complicated."

"Do you have feelings for Scarlett?" Kaylee asked with a serious tone on her voice.

I sat on the bed next to her. "Not anymore. I really like Nora, not Scarlett."

She smiled. "Do something romantic like a mini scavenger hunt. I will help you."

"You have a lot on her plate."

"Precisely, which is why I need this. You and Nora are great together and you deserve someone to love you for who you are." She put her hand on my knee and smiled.

"Thank you, Kay." I hugged her.

"I love you Nicky."

"I love you too."

I always thought Scarlett was my best friend but Kaylee has proven to be a very loyal and amazing friend. Even though she had so many problems, she still managed to help others like me. She deserved more credit than what people give her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How cute is Kaylee and Nick's friendship?

Give some ideas for Nick's romantic gesture to get Nora back xx