Chapter 26 || All I want for Christmas is you

Scarlett's POV

It was almost Christmas and I passed all my classes. My parents were very happy with my report card and promised to give me a great Christmas present. That day I went to the mall with Kaylee and Nick so I could buy my family some presents.

"What are you getting me?" Kaylee asked.

"Just wait and see." I teased her.

"You're so mean!" She stuck out her tongue.

"Hey! Nick never asks me what I'm getting him."

"That is very true." Nick said while texting.

I snatched the phone from him. "You're texting Nora's brother?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah. I need to find the perfect present for her." He answered.

"Why don't you give her jewelry?" Kaylee asked.

"Well, Nora is not like other girls. She appreciates all the small things."

Kaylee paused. "Offer her a small piece of jewelry."

We all laughed and I entered a store. There were all these video games things that my brother liked. He was a total nerd when it came to games, so I decided to buy him a collection of vintage video games.

"What are you getting for your sister?" Kaylee asked.

I smiled. "The dress she wanted for New Year's Eve. She can't afford it so I decided to give her that."

"You're great with gift exchanges!" Nick said.

"Thanks." I smiled and held Kaylee's hand.

To be honest, I wasn't sure about the presents I got but I had to go with the flow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later, Zane stopped by my house and we watched some Christmas movies. It was tradition in my family and since I wasn't spending Christmas eve with him, I decided to include him in the tradition.

I grabbed a handful of popcorn. "You're very quiet!" I pointed out.

"I'm just paying attention." He smiled.

I paused the movie. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He paused. "I have something for you."

He handed me a box and I opened it. Inside was a ring with an inscription 'Forever yours'. "It's beautiful!" Tears were in my eyes and I hugged him.

"I didn't know if it was too soon but I wanted you to know that I'm here for the long run." He smiled and we kissed.

"I love you so much."

He smiled. "I love you too, Scar."

"I only bought you a stupid shirt." I felt silly. "I promise that I'm gonna buy you something significant."

"I don't care about presents cause I only care about you. Nothing matters as long as we're together." He kissed my forehead.

He gave this amazing ring and I had to buy a stupid shirt for the best boyfriend ever. How stupid am I?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas - Last year

We were all dressed in matching reindeer sweaters and ready to take a picture to send out grandmother. She always sends ugly sweaters and we take a picture and send her over the mail.

"I hate this sweater!" My sister complained.

"Suck it up!" I teased her.

After that we started opening up our presents and I was happy with mine. My parents gave me an iPad and I was so glad. My sister gave me a pretty cardigan and my brother just gave me a socks. What a wonderful present!

"Here's your present!" I handed it to my mother.

She opened it and it was a perfume. "I love it!" She hugged us.

"We didn't forget about you, dad!" My sister handed him his present.

"An engraved pen?" He smiled. "Thanks kids." He hugged us.

"Now for you Nate!" I handed him his present.

"A vintage car!" He smiled. "Score!"

"And here's yours!" I gave my sister her present.

She opened it. "A charm bracelet? You're the worst at giving presents." She smirked.

"You're so ungrateful!" I laughed and so did she.

It was a great Christmas and we all got along that day. Even though my siblings are terrible, I love them.

Christmas - Present day

"Ready to exchange presents?" I asked.

"I hope my present is better this year." My sister teased.

"Lauren, be nice to your sister." My dad said.

We gave our mother her presented. It was a big family portrait painted by someone we know. She loved it and I could see tears of joy in her eyes. Dad opened his present and it was a tie. Don't judge, we ran out of ideas.

Then, our parents gave us our presents. Nate got a new video game, Lauren got a pair of earrings and I got a necklace with my name on it. I hugged my parents and it was my turn to give my siblings their presents.

"For you!" I handed the box to Nate.

"Score! I always love your presents." He said with a huge smile.

"I know minion." I smiled. "Now for you." I handed Lauren her present.

"This better be good!" She smirked.

"I believe it is." I smiled.

She opened it and touched the soft fabric of the dress and she immediately hugged me. "I love you."

I smiled. "I'm glad you liked your present."

"I absolutely love it."

Well, this Christmas was amazing. Not just because of the presents but because we were happy and for once, our granny didn't send us weird reindeer sweaters. They had cats instead. Merry Christmas everybody!