Chapter 16 || Somebody to you

Nora's POV

Nick hasn't talked to me all weekend and he was probably hurt that I didn't accept his second date offer. Zane was probably right, it wasn't my decisio to make. Nick is an amazing person and he deserves to be happy... so do I. Today, i was going to talk to Nick and set things straight and hopefully get him back.

When I arrived at school, I saw Kaylee and Scarlett talking by the stairs and I decided to ask where Nick was.

"Hello!" I greeted them.

"Hey Nora!" Kaylee smiled.

"Where's Nick?" I asked.

"He's sick." Scarlett said.

"He never gets sick! what happened?" I was concerned about him.

"It's probably a cold. Nick is very sensitive." Kaylee rolled her eyes.

I looked down. "Okay. Send him my best." I smiled and went inside.

I got to my locker and opened it. There was a note inside that said 'AFTER SCHOOL GO TO THE CAFETERIA'. That was strange and completely random. I went my AP class and then it hit me. It was Nick!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 After school I made my way towards the cafeteria. When I entered, I notice there was a chocolate pudding and a spoon on top of the table Nick and I had lunch. There was also a note saying 'YOU WERE THE SECOND PERSON I SHARED MY PUDDING WITH AND THE ONLY ONE I ACTUALLY LIKE. GO TO LOCKER 97 FOR THE NEXT CLUE'. I grabbed the pudding and I left.

When I arrived at locker 97, I saw Scarlett with a big smile and a piece of paper in her hand.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

She handed me the paper and smiled. "Follow the map to the next clue."

I opened the paper and map was leading me to the football field. Nick prepared all this for me and I was so mean to him.

So I arrived at the football field and Zane was standing there with a small box. I was confused but curious.

"Hey Zane!" I smiled.

"Hi Nora!" He smiled back and handed me the box.

I opened it and there was a cute necklace with a heart shaped pendant and a note. The note said 'K HAS THE KEY IN THE LOCKER ROOM'. Which locker room?

"Oh, the locker room is the girls'." Zane winked at me and I left.

When I entered the locker room, I saw Kaylee with a key in her hand, smiling.

"Here's the key of my car that's in the parking lot. The next clue is in the glove compartment." She handed me the key and I exited the locker room very excited. Nick was so creative!

I spotted Kaylee's car and got inside to snoop inside the glove compartment. There was a concert ticket to see The Vamps live. How did he know I love The Vamps. There was also a note saying 'IN THE LIBRARY YOU WILL FIND A ROSE'. I locked the car and ran to the library.

When I reached the library, Axel was wearing a nice jacket and had a rose in his hand.

"Miss Horowitz, this rose is for you." He smiled. "Now go where it all started." I took the rose and paused.

"Where it all started?" After a few seconds of thinking, I had an answer. "The chemistry lab!"

He winked at me. "Yup!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived at the lab and Nick was standing there with a suit and a box of my favorite chocolates. He looked amazing and I couldn't help but smile.

"You did all this for me?" I asked is disbelief.

"And I would have done more." He smiled.

"Why?"

"Because I believe that we're meant for each other and I love you. I know that is highly unlikely you don't believe me because we've only met a few weeks ago but I have feelings for you that I never had for anyone."

"I love you too." I said.

"Besides, we're both intellgent and almost adults..." He paused and looked at me. "What did you say?"

I smiled. "I love you too."

He held my hand and got down on one knee. "Nora Horowitz, will you be my girlfriend?"

"I will, Nick Marshall."

He got up and kissed my lips softly. "You just made me the happiest man in this school."

"And that makes me the luckiest girl in school." I smiled and hugged him.

We finished the day solving puzzles and math equations. I had an amazing boyfriend now and I had to thank his friends for helping him with the little but fun scavenger hunt.