Chapter 53 || Find you (Part 2)

Heather's POV

I was sitting on my usual table when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. It was my baby sister. She looked so pretty and grown up! Last time I saw her she was 15 years old.

"Heather!" She said.

"What are you doing here, Kaylee?" I asked.

"Nick told me you come here and he was right!" She hugged me. "I missed you so much!"

I hugged her back and smiled. "How did you know I was in L.A?"

"Nick told me. I know everything now and I'm so sorry for what you've been through." She looked at me with hurtful eyes but I knew she wasn't mad at me.

"What are your friends gonna have, cupcake?" Mandy, my friend, asked.

"A cup of coffee and a cupcake." Kaylee smiled.

"What about you, hunk?" She winked at Nick.

He looked embarrassed. "Just coffee."

"Coming right up!" Mandy and I met when I started working as a waitress and we've been best friends since then.

"So you know everything. Even about dad's lies?" I asked with disgust.

"Yes." She held my hand. "Even though you're not my biological sister, I love you just as much as I loved you before. You're my sister and I want you in my life."

"I can't be in your life, Kaylee. You have a great life with great friends and a nice boyfriend." I smiled.

"How do you know about that?" She raised an eyebrow.

I laughed slightly. "I keep track of everything you do. As your big sister, I have to protect you."

"I thought you forgot about me. For a while I was really mad at you but now I just want to be with you, H."

I looked down. "My life is here now and I don't wanna leave everything behind again."

"But you belong back at Sacramento. It's home for us!" She said.

"It's not my home anymore. I can't face dad after everything."

"But dad changed and so did mom. They're more present and sweet. Plus, they miss you."

I took a sip of my coffee. "I'm not coming home, Kaylee!" I paid everything and looked at my sister. "You're welcome to visit me whenever you want." I kissed her cheek and left.

Leaving my sister again was killing me but I wasn't ready to go back home and face my parents. To be honest, I couldn't look at my dad. He destroyed everything I loved by making me keep his dirty little secret.

______________________________________________________________

Later that day I heard a knock on my door and I immediately thought it was Scarlett. She was still pissed about the whole Zane situation. When I opened the door I saw Nick, to my surprise.

"Nick?!" I gestured for him to enter my apartment. "What are you doing here?"

"Kaylee is hurt and she needs you." He stared at me. "She's my best friend and losing you almost killed her. Even though she's strong and kind of an airhead, she needs her big sister but she will never admit after the big rejection."

I sighed. "I don't want to hurt Kaylee but my dad..."

He interrupted me. "Your father made a huge mistake but you should've been stronger."

"I was fifteen, Nick! He asked me to lie to everyone and I couldn't handle. I was a messed up kid and I'm scared that if I go up everything I fought for will crumble down... again." I sat down.

"You won't be alone, Heather. You'll have your sister and me. I can be your friend if you go back to Sacramento and face your father."

I patted his shoulder. "You really like my sister, don't you?"

He smiled. "I like her a lot. this year I met a different Kaylee. A strong, smart and independent Kaylee."

"I can see that she's more than a friend to you."

"I have a girlfriend and I love her. Kaylee is just a very special friend." He said.

"Let's make a deal. When you stop lying to yourself about your feelings for Kaylee, I'll go back to Sacramento." I smiled.

"My feelings for Kaylee are clear, but you should clear your head and make a sacrifice for your sister. She deserves it." He stood up and made his way towards the door. "By the way, what's a hunk?"

I laughed. "It's a hot guy!"

"Cool." He left.

Nick was right. I needed to man up and face my demons but I still wasn't sure. Kaylee did deserve better and I wanted to do something for her. Maybe I should help her get the guy, in this case Nick was the guy.