Chapter 36 || Miss movin' on

Scarlett's POV

I went home and put everything that belonged to Zane in a box so I could return it to him. Everything reminded of him and it was painful because he broke up with me out of nowhere and I never saw it coming.

"What are you doing?" My sister asked.

"Packing Zane's stuff." I answered.

"Why?"

"We broke up." I paused. "He broke up with me."

She hugged me. "I'm here for you if you need me."

I smiled. "Thanks. I just really need to get over it."

"You don't have to be strong, you know?" She looked at me. "You love him and it won't go away that easy. You need closure."

"How can I get that?" I asked.

"By looking flawless and pretending like you don't care. You can bet your ass he'll explain why he broke up with you." She smiled and held my hand.

"Thank you for helping me out." I smiled.

"That's what sisters are for." She winked and left my room.

Zane really had some explaining to do but I was not gonna beg for it. My sister was right, I just had to be more confident and assertive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day at school, I was a little late for my biology class and I got paired up with Wes, Zane's team mate.

"Sup Scarlett?" He smirked.

"I'm trying to concentrate." I said while reading the textbook.

"Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Cause you got a sweet ass!" He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You're such an ass!"

"And you're the hottest chick in this class."

"Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date." I smirked and started taking notes.

"I like them feisty." He smiled.

"And I like them with a personality." I smirked.

"Are you feeling it?" He asked.

"What?" I whispered.

"The chemistry between us." He winked.

"What I feel is lack of personal space cause you're all up in my grill." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where have you been all my life?" He smiled.

"Hiding from you."

The bell rang and I packed my things. "You're a great chick, Marin!" He laughed slightly.

"Fuck off!" I looked at him and walked towards the cafeteria.

Wesley Hastings was the douchebag of the football team. He was always picking up girls and ditching them the next day. I was not going to fall for that even if I needed a rebound. Dealing with Wes was too much!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Scar!" I heard Kaylee call me.

"What's up?" I smiled.

"I was just introducing Flynn to Nora and Nick." Kaylee smiled while holding hands with Flynn. "This is my best friend Scarlett."

He stuck out his hand and shook mine. "Nice to meet you." Flynn smiled.

"Same here." I smiled back. "You're not gonna believe who my bio partner is." I said with a disgusted look in my face.

"Who?" Kaylee asked.

"Wes." I said before taking a bite of my pizza.

"As in Wes Hastings? He's such an ass!" Kaylee pointed out.

"Plus, he's really dumb." Nick added.

"Who's Wes?" Nora asked.

"You're lucky that you don't know him. He always hits on girls, has sex with them and never talks to them again. He slept with half the girls in our school." I said.

"Gross!" Nora made a face.

"Clearly he has some issues." Flynn said.

"You have no idea..." Just the thought of working with was making me break into hives.

Nick patted me in the shoulder. "You'll be fine, Scar." He smiled.

"Thanks Nicky." I smiled back.

"We should have a slumber party, just us girls." Kaylee suggested with a mischievous smile.

"I'm in!" I smiled.

"What about you Nora? Do you want to come?" Kaylee asked.

"Really?" Nora seemed confused.

"Sure. You're part of our gang now." She winked at Nora.

"I would love to join you." Nora smiled.

I suddenly had an idea. "It could be a 'welcome to the group' slumber party for Nora." I suggested.

"Sounds fun! Should I get my games out of the closet?" Kaylee asked.

"For sure." I said winking.

"What games?" Nora asked.

"Relax Nora. Just some party games like Just Dance and stuff." I comforted her.

"You'll have a great time with them." Nick smiled while holding her hand.

Adding Nora to our group would be fun. I like Nora, she's smart and sweet, a perfect match for Nick. If she made him happy, then I was happy too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, Zane texted me to meet him at the parking lot. He said it was urgent and he needed my help. When I arrived I got into his car.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You wanted to find Heather, right?"

"And I do." I answered.

He looked at me. "Well, I found her. She's Axel's new girlfriend."

My jaw dropped, literally. "What are you saying? How is that possible? His girlfriend's name is Ellie." I was confused.

"He showed me a picture of her and it was Heather... unless she has a twin sister." He looked serious.

"Her only sister is Kaylee." I pointed out.

"They'll be at the mall tomorrow. Wanna come with me and see for yourself?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course."

Before I left he grabbed my arm. "I'm really sorry, Scar. I never meant to hurt you."

"But you did." I kissed his cheek and got out of the car.

If what he was saying was true, I had to tell Kaylee. She deserved to know her sister was back in town and dating her ex-boyfriend. How messed up!