Chapter 35 || The way

Axel's POV

I got Kaylee's text and I felt excited and nervous. She wanted to talk and that meant so much to me, even though I'm sort of seeing another girl. I arrived at Kaylee's house and knocked on her door. She opened it with a big smile.

"Hey Ax!" She kissed my cheek.

"Sup?" I asked casually.

"Not much. How was your winter break?" She smiled.

"It was great!" I paused. "I sort of met someone during the break and we're kinda dating."

She hugged me. "I'm so happy for you!"

"You are?" I asked confused.

"Of course. During Maisie's party I met a guy and I wasn't sure how you'd react because you hit Nick and you were acting all weird but now I feel like we can be friends, no strings attached." She smiled and hugged me again.

"Yeah... No strings attached." I said.

We talked for a while and then I left. Kaylee was seeing a guy and she wanted to make sure I was okay with it. Well, I wasn't but I wanted to be her friend and now I had Ellie, which makes me wonder why Zane freaked out when I told him about my new girlfriend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the first day of school and I saw Zane in the parking lot with the rest of the football team.

"Sup guys?" I greeted them.

"Big Ax is back!" Kyle teased me.

"How was winter break dudes?" I asked.

"It was awesome!" They all talked about Christmas and Maisie's party.

"Zane, come here!" I asked.

"Sup?" He smiled.

"I met a girl at the airport when I was going to Switzerland and we spent the entire break together." I smiled shyly.

"What's her name, man?" He asked.

"Eleanor but I call her Ellie. Do you want to see a picture of her?"

"Of course!" He seemed excited.

I searched for a picture of her on my phone and showed it to him. "She's the blonde."

He looked at the screen and gasped. "You're dating her?"

"Yeah. Isn't she hot?" I smiled.

"I have to go, Axel." He looked at me and then left.

I don't know what's wrong with him. When he saw Ellie's picture he just freaked, like he had seen a ghost. He needs a chill pill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I stopped by Ellie's school to see her and she looked gorgeous in her uniform. Her golden blonde hair was up in a ribbon and her beautiful blue eyes were glowing. Ellie had legs for days and she was perfect without even knowing it.

"Hey babe!" I kissed her softly.

"I didn't know if you were going to show up." She said.

"Why wouldn't I? I promised I would." I looked at her.

She stared at me. "Yeah but maybe I was just a winter break fling." She smiled.

"Never! I really like you Ellie and I would love for you to meet my friends." I smiled and held her waist.

"And I would love to meet them." She kissed my nose.

"You're just so cute!" I hugged her.

She looked at her watch. "I have field hockey practice now but I'll see you later." She smiled.

I gave her a quick peck. "See ya later, then."

She smiled and waved. Sure, I still had some lingering feelings for Kaylee because she was my first love but Ellie made me feel special and important. Like I wasn't just some dumb jock. Ellie went to a private school here in Sacramento and she was really smart but she didn't treat me like I wasn't as smart as her even though I'm not. Ellie was perfect and I cared about her.