Chapter 7 || I knew you were trouble

Kaylee's POV

It was 11 pm when Nick stopped by my house looking a little down. He told what happened with Nora and I offered him hot cocoa, his fave hot beverage, to calm him down. I felt bad for Nicky. Honestly, I thought Nora was the one for him. They're both super smart and she's so pretty.

"She just left!" He exclaimed.

"And you didn't go after her?"

"And do what?"

"Kiss her! You should have followed her and kissed her. It always works in movies." I said after I slapped his arm.

He shrugged. "This is real life!" Then he looked down. "Besides, I never kissed a girl before. What if I'm bad at it?"

I smiled. "Nobody's bad at kissing! You should just do it with feeling. If you're feeling the moment, then the kiss will be great." I touched his knee.

He hugged me. "Thanks, Kay! I'm really upset that I didn't get a second chance with Nora. She's amazing!" He sighed.

"You'll get one." I said smiling.

Nick finished his hot cocoa and left. I genuinely wanted to help him but I didn't know how to deal with Nora. She's a nerd and I'm not, clearly. Maybe I should give them a little push. I smiled at my own thought and went to bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a week since Nicky was 'dumped' by Nora and he's been quiet and just a downer overall. Scarlett and I decided to help Nick by talking to Nora and we were determined to get her to talk to Nick and resolve their issues.

"Hey Nora!" I smiled.

"Hello!" She looked hesitant to talk to us.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"If this is about Nick, I don't want to talk. He's a great person and I like him a lot but I don't want to date him." She responded.

Scarlett looked at her. "Nick doesn't deserve to be tossed aside. What did he do to make you run away?" She asked.

Nora sighed. "He's not the problem. I am."

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "That's the typical dumping line."

Nora looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"She means that you don't like Nick and you're too scared to admit it." I bluntly said.

"I like Nick!"

"Then what's the problem?" Scarlett asked.

"That is none of your business!" Nora walked out the room leaving Scarlett and confused as hell.

"I bet Nick was weird during the date." I said.

Scarlett laughed. "This was the one girl he could easily get."

Suddenly, my phone rang and I answered. When the call ended I left school and went straight to my car. That son of a bitch Axel! He was so gonna die!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to Sacramento State Prison miss!" I was greeted by a very handsome guard.

"I'm here to see Axel Kingston." I said annoyed.

He checked the name and smiled. "Come with me."

"How much trouble is he in?"

The guard laughed. "Not that much trouble since he has never been arrested."

We went to his cell and he was lying down. "Axel Fucking Kingston!"

"Baby you're here." He held my hand through the cell bars. "I missed you."

"Spare me!" I paused. "Possession of weed. Public urination on a fountain. Solicitation." I felt like hitting him. "You really asked for a HOOKER?! A fucking hooker, Axel. You're such an asshole!"

"Okay, so I had weed and I did pee on a fountain but I did not ask for a hooker's service."

"Then what happened?" I was so mad.

"Well, I was hungry because of all the weed I smoked yesterday and I was broke so I went to an alley where a hooker was and asked her for money to buy food. Then I reached for my pocket and noticed I had money so I pulled a bill and gave to her when the police caught me... after following me when I peed on the fountain." He explained.

I was speechless. "Besides being an asshole, you're dumb, a slut and a POTHEAD!" I slapped his hand. "I'm gonna bail you out just to beat the crap out of you and break up with you." I paused. "I don't a pothead for a boyfriend. You know how I feel about drugs."

"Kay!" He called.

"We're done!"

My eyes were watery and I could feel the tears trying to fall. I was not going to cry in front of Axel. I was done with his crap, especially after this. He knew what happened to my sister and he still insists on smoking pot. Stupid asshole!