Chapter 19 || Out of the woods

Kaylee's POV

I drove home and went to my room immediately. My eyes were red from crying in Nick's arms and I didn't want my parents to see me like that. They wouldn't even car but stil... I took another pregnancy test and the result was the same: POSITIVE. I was pregnant and Axel was the father. How could I be so careless. I decided to make a doctor's appointment just to be sure, like Nick told me. He said he would be by my side. Nick was such a good friend. I smiled at the thought of Nick's arms around me. He was protective and sweet. Nora was a lucky girl!

After dinner I texted Axel and told him to come over so we could talk. He was actually fast and really happy to see me. He kissed my cheek and we went up to my room.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked smiling.

"Well..." I paused. "I'm pregnant!" I blurted out.

He stood up and laughed. "You're kidding, right?"

"No. I took several pregnancy tests and they were all positive. I scheduled a doctor's appointment to make sure."

"You can't ruin my life." He yelled.

"Ruin your life? What about my life?" I yelled back.

"Is this your revenge for the whole prison thing? Tell me this is a joke!" He shook me.

"You're hurting me!" My eyes were watering.

"This is a sick joke!"

"You know what? Get out of my house! I don't need you in my life." I yelled and slammed the door in his face.

I broke down crying thinking about my future as a single teen mom. Axel and his stupid penis and even more stupid sperm ruined my life and my chances of getting into college. My parents were going to kill me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week has passed since my doctor's appointment and the results were supposed to be up today. Nick and I went to the clinic.

"Are you okay?" Nick asked.

"I'm really nervous." I confessed.

He took my hand in his. "Don't worry. I'm here for you." He smiled and kissed my hand.

"Thank you, Nicky!" I smiled.

"Miss. Fitzgerald?" The nurse called.

"It's me." I stood up and so did Nick.

"The doctor is ready to see you." She smiled and we followed her.

We arrived at the doctor's office and he gestured for us to sit.

"Kaylee, I analized your blood samples and you're not pregnant. It was a false alarm." He smiled.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. Sometimes pregnancy tests are not correct which is why you should always consult a doctor to be sure." He started writing something. "I'm prescribing some vitamins and the pill." He looked at me and Nick. "You two should be more careful next time."

I looked at Nick embarrassed. "We will." Nick smiled at me. "Thank you doctor."

We left the clinic and I jumped up and down and hugged Nick. He hugged me back and we went to the coffee shop across the street.

"I'm buying." I smiled and he scratched the back of his head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We entered the small coffee shop and sat next to the window. I texted Axel and told him I wasn't pregnant but he didn't reply.

"What do you want?" Nick asked.

"Black coffee. I need to get hyper. And a doughnut." I smiled and he winked.

After a while he came back with my order and orange juice for him and a piece of pie. "Here's what you wanted." He smiled.

"Can I have a bite of your chocolate cake?" I put my best puppy dog face.

He smirked. "Yes."

He fed me a bit of the cake that was delicious and we locked eyes. "This is delicious!" I exclaimed.

"It really is." He smiled and looked away.

There was something about Nick that attracted me and I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Have you told Axel the news?" He asked casually.

"I texted him."

"What did he say?"

"He didn't reply." I sighed.

Nick held my hand. "He's a jerk!"

I smiled and nodded. "You're right."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After our little afternoon hangout, we went home and Axel was there waiting for me.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.

He smiled. "I came here to celebrate."

"Are you joking? Cause last week you were freaking out and now you wanna celebrate?" I laughed at his ridiculous idea.

"That's when I thought you were ruining our lives. Now I know you're not pregnant."

"Just get out of my house and don't you dare talking to me ever again. I hate you, Axel!" I slapped him hard across the face.

"You're a bitch!" He slammed the door.

"And you're an asshole!"

"Why are you yelling?" My mother asked.

"Axel was being a jerk." I answered.

She stroke my head. "Calm down sweetie!" She kissed my forehead and hugged me.

This was the first time my mother was ever nice to me after Heather left. Maybe my life was getting better.

There were some cute #Nicklee moments!! Is Kaylee falling for Nick? Comment your thoughts xx