Chapter 31 || This is the new year

Kaylee's POV

I had nothing to wear for the big party and I was freaking out. I needed to look hot so I decided to go to the mall with Scarlett. We entered a store and I tried several dresses.

"This dress makes me feel like a slut!" I whined.

"You still look pretty." Scarlett said.

I tried a green dress on with sequins. "What do you think?"

"I think you're really cute and shiny salad." She laughed.

"Not funny, Scar!" I sighed.

"Try this one." She handed me a little black dress.

I put it on and showed it to her. "The cleavage is way too much."

"True..." She started thinking when I interrupted her.

I spotted a pretty red dress. "Cand you hand me that red dress?" I asked her.

"Sure." She handed me the dress.

That dress fit me like a glove. It was hot but not slutty and it looked perfect on me. I loved it and it definitely loved me.

"This is the dress!" I smiled excited.

Scarlett clapped her hands. "It's so amazing!"

"I know."

I purchased the dress and left the mall. Scarlett and I decided to get ready together before Zane picked her up. I was going alone since I was the only one without a boyfriend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I arrived at the party, Maisie was with her boyfriend greeting people. I strongly disliked her but a new year was coming and she was almost graduating.

"Hey Kaylee! I'm glad you could make it." She smiled and hugged me.

"Thanks. I love your parties." I fake smiled.

"Have you heard from Axel?" She asked.

"Not really." I answered.

"Kyle said he met a girl in Switzerland." Maisie said.

"Good for Axel!" I smiled. "Look, someone's calling me. Nice talking to you Maisie." I lied.

I went to the bar and grabbed a glass og champagne. Talking to Maisie was exhausting.

"You didn't seem to enjoy talking to your friend." A very cute guy said.

"She's not my friend." I paused. "I don't believe we've met."

"We certainly haven't because I would remember such a beautiful girl like yourself." He smiled.

"I'm Kaylee." I smiled.

"Flynn." He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"You're not from here, are you?" I asked.

"Would you think I'm hotter if I said I was from Bristol?" He smiled.

"Actually I already think you're hot." I took a sip of the champagne.

Flynn was nice and very smart. We talked and danced all night until I saw Nick and Nora being questioned by Maisie. I saved them and then I returned to Flynn. He was interesting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost midnight and everyone was beginning to count down from ten. Flynn stared at me and I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. I really had a thing for guys with brown hair and blue eyes. When the countdown stopped, Flynn grabbed me by my waist and kissed me.

"Happy New Year!" He smiled.

"Happy New Year!" I replied.

"We should exchange numbers so we could chat more often."

"I agree." I smiled and gave him my number. "It was nice meeting you."

"Same here. By the way, Kaylee is an amazing name and it suits you." He smiled and left.

"What was that all about?" Scarlett asked.

"I think I met my next boyfriend." I smiled and hugged my best friend.

This new year was going to be amazing and I couldn't wait for my new adventures, especially those involving this new guy, Flynn.