Chapter 55 || Pretty girls

Nora's POV

It was the last day we were gonna spend in Los Angeles and Kaylee took me shopping in Beverly Hills. I never shopped there because I never cared much about fashion. We entered a store that had tons of pretty clothes I would never wear in a million years.

"Try this!" Kaylee handed me a white crop top.

"Isn't this a little too revealing?" I asked while holding the crop top.

"Are you Amish?" Kaylee winked and pushed me into the stall.

"I don't feel comfortable wearing this." I said while trying out the top.

"Let me see!" I could here some excitment in Kaylee's voice.

I got out of the stall wearing a crop top and skinny jeans. I never wore something like this in my entire life. "You look amazing!" Kaylee said while clapping her hands and smiling.

"You really think so?" I asked uncertain.

"For sure!" She hugged me and we kept on shopping.

The whole afternoon was spent shopping until we stopped at Starbucks and had a milkshake. It was a really hot day and we were very tired.

"Do you think I should wear these clothes tonight?" I asked while drinking my milkshake.

"Of course! It's our last night and you need to look hot." Kaylee smiled.

I smiled as well. "Is Nick going to like my new look?"

"He's gonna love it!"

After that, we went to a hair salon and the hairdresser trimmed my hair and colored my hair. It was slightly lighter and it looked good! For the first time I had a California look and I liked it.

___________________________________________________________

Before dinner, Kaylee came up to my room and decided to help me get ready. She did my makeup and my hair. I decided to wear a black crop top a skirt with a cool pattern. The shoes were black with sparks and my hair was styled in a halo braid.

"You look stunning! Shall we go downstairs?" She asked with a giggle.

"I think I look rificulous." I complained.

Kaylee sat next to me. "I think you look beautiful!"

We left the room and made our way towards the elevator where we met up with Flynn. When we reached the restaurant I was so nervous and scared that nobody would like my new style, especially Nick.

Kaylee held my hand. "Nora, you look great so you gotta embrace your new look, okay?"

I nodded and smiled. "Okay."

We got inside the restaurant and everyone started staring. "Nora..." Axel smiled.

"What? Do I look that bad?" I asked.

Nick came up to me and kissed my lips softly. "You look really beautiful!"

I blushed. "Thank you. Kaylee helped me a lot."

"You're welcome." She winked and sat down between Flynn and me.

After we ate, Axel suggested a cool club for us to go and everyone agreed. Scarlett seemed a little down, though. I felt sorry for her but apparently she did something to upset both Kaylee and Nick.

_____________________________________________________________

At the club we danced and chatted all night long. For the first time I felt so included in the group and the feeling was amazing.

"Kaylee really did a good job." Axel smiled and handed me a drink. "But you were already very adorable."

I looked down. "Thank you, Axel."

"So when are we starting our tutoring sessions?" He asked.

"When we leave L.A." I smiled.

"Cool! I really need some kickass tutor... like you." He stared right into my eyes.

"Let's dance!" Kaylee grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor.

"What were you two talking about?" Nick asked.

"He wants me to tutor him." I answered.

Kaylee looked at me and then looked at Axel and laughed. "He's flirting with you. Axel hates studying."

"Axel would never flirt with me." I felt offended.

"Nora's right!" Nick pulled me closer to him and we danced.

After leaving the club we went back to the hotel. The next day we were ready to return to Sacramento and start school. I missed studying!