Chapter 41 || Love song

Nick's POV

Valentine's Day was here and I already had something planned for Nora. Kaylee helped me with the details and I was rather excited about it. I arrived at school and saw Nora talking to her friends.

"Hello!" I kissed her cheek.

"Hey!" She smiled.

I handed her a flower. "Nora Horowitz, will you be my valentine?" I smiled.

"Let me think about it." She grabbed the flower and smiled. "Of course I will."

I kissed her lips softly. "For a moment I thought you were going to say no."

"I would never say no to you, silly." She smiled.

I held her hand and walked her to class. After that I went to study hall and saw Flynn kissing Kaylee. They looked really good together.

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

At lunch time, we were all sitting at our usual table when Flynn asked Kaylee out on a date and Scarlett exited the cafeteria. She was still very upset over her breakup with Zane and I understood, she really cared for him and he was a jerk.

"Is everything alright?" Nora asked.

"She's upset because of Zane. It's Valentine's Day and they're not together which is a bummer because she always wanted to spend this day with him and now he broke up with her and I don't know why. I guess guys are really weird, plus Scar deserves better. Any guy who breaks up with a girl out of the blue is not a deserving guy." Kaylee explained.

"Are you done blabbing?" I asked annoyed.

"I'm just sayin'..."

"I get it."

"Isn't she lovely?" Flynn held her hand and smiled.

"Was that sarcasm?" I gave him a puzzled look.

"No." He raised an eyebrow.

"He's always mocking me because he says I talk too much." Kaylee stuck her tongue out at me.

I smiled slightly. "Well, you do talk too much and that's a fact."

"Whatever, loser!"

I stared at her green eyes and smiled but then I gazed into my girlfriend's eyes. Nora was my girlfriend, not Kaylee so why was I always teasing and staring at Kaylee?

————————————————————————————————————————————-

Later that night I prepared a cute picnic in my backyard for Nora and I. Kaylee helped me and I was grateful for that but tonight was very important for me and Nora. When she arrived I was really nervous but this was Nora, the girl I really loved.

"Did you do all this for me?" She asked smiling.

"I would do anything for you." I smiled and kissed her hand.

"So what's for dinner?" She asked.

"Some of your favorite snacks, some jewish food and your favorite dessert." I was feeling proud of myself.

She just stared at me. "I have the perfect boyfriend."

"I would like to meet him someday." She laughed and we proceeded to eat.

"This dinner was delicious." She said with a smile on her face.

"True, but I didn't cook it just so you know."

"I know. The jewish food tastes just like that restaurant near your house." She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah..."

She held my hand and laughed. "I still loved the effort you put into it. I love you, Nick."

"I love you too, Nora." I smiled before kissing her, but this time our kiss was deeper and more passionate than ever.

That night, we took a step forward in our relationship and something amazing happened. I realized Nora was the girl I wanted to spend my whole life with.